 Technic / 10895
  Re: custom aluminum axle

Hmm. Most of the rides I've seen like that use hydraulics to rotate them into position - not a system of gears. My second choice would be some kind of chain drive to lift and lower - this would eliminate torque on the pivot bar. Something to (...) (21 years ago, 1-Jul-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: custom aluminum axle

actually chains are terrible at this... the only reason i can get away with a chain in the drive system is because it is on the motor side of the worm gear. Your right about the hydraulics, and ig I owned the correct ones, i'd consider it. This (...) (21 years ago, 2-Jul-03, to lugnet.technic)