 Technic / 10886
  Need Help Setting up Apache Web Server

Does anyone know where I can find a tutorial to walk me through installing/setting up the Apache server on my Windows PC? Or can someone walk me through this via e-mail? I run Windows XP, and connect through a Linksys router to the internet with a (...) (21 years ago, 1-Jul-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.off-topic.geek, lugnet.general, lugnet.publish, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Need Help Setting up Apache Web Server

(...) So I guess my problems are the fact I have a dynamic IP address, and a router which has a public IP address outside, but a private IP address inside the router. The Apache server is located on private IP address, so anyone outside my network (...) (21 years ago, 1-Jul-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.off-topic.geek, lugnet.general, lugnet.publish, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Need Help Setting up Apache Web Server

(...) I am pretty sure that this question has been answered for you twice now -- you need a service that tracks the dynamic IP, catches requests for your domain, and then redirects those requests to the dynamic IP and hence to your server. I think (...) (21 years ago, 1-Jul-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.off-topic.geek, lugnet.general, lugnet.publish, lugnet.robotics, FTX)

  Re: Need Help Setting up Apache Web Server

(...) Probably best to ask at dyndns as they provide this functionality. ROSCO (21 years ago, 2-Jul-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.off-topic.geek, lugnet.general, lugnet.publish, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Need Help Setting up Apache Web Server

(...) documentation. (...) This is done by services like dyndns as people have explained. Probably your "gotdns.com" does this too, but I'm not familiar with them. [ -> .off-topic.geek ] (21 years ago, 2-Jul-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.off-topic.geek, lugnet.general, lugnet.publish, lugnet.robotics)