 Technic / 1056
Re: What wheels come in the yellow race car?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Fri, 11 Feb 2000 09:03:19 GMT

Mark Koesel wrote:

When I get home, I'll study the wheels closely and see if
there are any other slight cosmetic differences that would
explain the different part numbers.

Yes there are several other examples of such. For example, threaded and
normal technic axles
have different part numbers, just as printed parts. Sub parts and
assemblies are also another close example of different numbering. The
numbers for normal parts are generally "xxxx" or "3xxxx" but numbers for
parts that require additional workmanship (printed parts, coated parts,
machined parts, glued assemblies) have generally a part number in the
form of "7xxxx"

I can't understand the case of these wheel hubs from Yellow race car,
though. They look from the photo like the actual color of the plastic is
metal-like (just as in 8448), rather than being chrome coated. If this
is the case, they should have the same part number since color of the
parts coded with another 2 digit (not stamped on parts) apart from the
part number.

The all above are theories of course, since I'm not a TLC employee..:-)

Selçuk