 Technic / 1049
Re: What wheels come in the yellow race car?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Thu, 10 Feb 2000 19:38:22 GMT

Are the white, yellow, and dark grey (from Millennium Throwbot)
colors all the same part number?  (I could check on this when
I get home, if no one knows)

Interesting theory on the chroming.  However, hasn't it already
been pointed out that the chromed 2x4 bricks were made using
standard 2x4 gray bricks?  If that is the case, then I wonder
why these wheels would be any different?

When I get home, I'll study the wheels closely and see if
there are any other slight cosmetic differences that would
explain the different part numbers.

"Christopher Jeris" <cjeris@math.mit.edu> wrote in message
As has been pointed out elsewhere on lugnet.technic,
although the 49.6 x 28 VR tires from Indy Storm and RIS
are the same, the wheels carry different part numbers.
The "chrome" wheel is 22253; I don't recall the number
of the white ones appearing in RIS.  Someone conjectured
(with how much proof I don't remember) that the parts are
different because the chroming process makes a part
slightly bigger, so the chrome wheel is a smaller cast.
In the end of course the wheels are the same size.

peace,
Chris Jeris

Dave Hylands wrote in message
<3FCBBA86D50FD211AD3600A0C9AB2CA205AF8502@msgcreo1.creo.bc.ca>...
I just happen to have my Indy-Storm at work :>

They're the same ones that come with the RIS.

The rubber has 49.6 x 28 VR printed on them, and the hubs are a • silvery-gray
color.