 Technic / 10559
    Re: Variable Speed, reversible pneumatic engine —Rob Stehlik
   (...) Wow! I saw your first reversible engine and I kind of got lost in all of the tubing. Needless to say, it was quite an accomplishment. Its amazing how far you have been able to take the analogy between pneumatics and electronics. But, I kept (...) (21 years ago, 5-Jun-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.build)

        Re: Variable Speed, reversible pneumatic engine —Kevin L. Clague
     (...) Thanks. (...) Correct. (...) Right ;^) (...) Yes, you can reverse the engine on the fly. It doesn't take much to make the engine not run. It takes a quarter turn of the case to get from ideal forward to ideal backward. (...) Kevin (21 years ago, 5-Jun-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.build)

        Re: Variable Speed, reversible pneumatic engine —Kevin L. Clague
   <snip> (...) You don't get very good speed control. I'd think that using the small range between completely off and completely on for one of the ports of a switch would be a better speed control. In the parially on state, you'd get constricted flow. (...) (21 years ago, 5-Jun-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.build)