 Technic / 10470
    pneumatics along an telescopic boom.... —Gerard Steenbeek
   Most people who have built telescopic booms use them for cranes... I am not building a crane. However I am using a telescopic boom, and I need movement at the end of the boom. Unfortunately i do not have a micromotor. I do have pneumatics, so i need (...) (21 years ago, 27-May-03, to lugnet.technic)

        Re: pneumatics along an telescopic boom.... —Kevin L. Clague
     Hi Gerard, I've been known to route hoses through #1 axle connectors with hose, holes in technic brick, and other technic holes. You'd only be able to do this at the end of each telescoping segment, but at least then they would fold instead of just (...) (21 years ago, 27-May-03, to lugnet.technic)

        Re: pneumatics along an telescopic boom.... —Ross Crawford
     (...) One I saw had the hose arranged in a flat "S" arrangement - with the hose going around a wheel that moved at half the rate of the extending boom. Dunno if you could do something like that with LEGO though. ROSCO (21 years ago, 27-May-03, to lugnet.technic)

        Re: pneumatics along an telescopic boom.... —Mark Tarrabain
   Okay... forgive me if this idea wouldn't work... I don't actually have the pneumatics to try it out, but what about making a spool at the base of the boom that lets the hose out as the boom stretches and spools it as the boom comes back? In (...) (21 years ago, 27-May-03, to lugnet.technic)

        Re: pneumatics along an telescopic boom.... —Irvin Stafford
   If you make the cylinder stationary - near the base of the boom - then amplify the extension as Jennifer Clark did in her three section telescoping boom idea in: (URL) - you won't have any hose to coil up or deal with. Irv Stafford (So. Calif AFOL) (21 years ago, 27-May-03, to lugnet.technic)