 Technic / 10220
    Re: drawbridge —Bob Kojima
   (...) your spreadsheet is awesome. it worked great for calculating the length and heights. the only small problem was that the diagonal braces on my bridge all go in one direction, which your spreadsheet does not model. so your spreadsheet could (...) (21 years ago, 29-Apr-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.trains)

        Re: drawbridge —Thomas Avery
     (...) I don't follow. It appears your diagonals go in both directions, mirrored about the center of the bridge: (URL) did you mean that your diagonals go from top right to bottom left (looking at the right-half of a span), and the diags on my (...) (21 years ago, 29-Apr-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.trains)

        Re: drawbridge —Bob Kojima
   (...) my description was not that good. here is how the diagonals are on my bridge: / | \ | \ | \ | \ | / | / | / | / | \ and the diagonals in the spreadsheet: / | \ | / | \ | / | \ | / | \ | / | \ (hope my ascii art turns out ok) so only 2 of the (...) (21 years ago, 29-Apr-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.trains)

        Re: drawbridge —Thomas Avery
   (...) Yes, roger that. I get it :-) I can easily write a sheet to do that. Actually, I have one! But it's geared towards an arched bridge with suspended deck. I'll get these sheets to the public soon! -TJ (21 years ago, 29-Apr-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.trains)