 Technic / 10213
    Re: drawbridge —Rob Hendrix
   I just got through purchasing 4 rotation sensors for that very reason for my lift bridge ((URL) - in Creations). I will be adding the 4 rotation sensors and an additional rcx to my bridge sometime this year. Out of 32 motors, I could never get 2 (...) (21 years ago, 29-Apr-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.trains)

        Re: drawbridge —Steven Arnold
   (...) the length of the wire has nothing to do with the speed. the problem is that one motor, the first one on the line, is getting most of the power. the motor at 9v, 12v or 115v that doesn't mean thats the exact amount of power that it uses, it (...) (21 years ago, 29-Apr-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.trains)

        Re: drawbridge —Rob Hendrix
   That might very well almost hold true (I am no expert) if your motors were hooked up like: [power]--------[moto...---[motor] (parallel circuit) But I have mine hooked up like: [motor]--------[powe...---[motor] (parallel circuits) I assume one motor (...) (21 years ago, 29-Apr-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.trains)

        Re: drawbridge —Steven Arnold
   (...) well since i was basing my theory of working with stereos and lights on my car, you have the uperhand...lol (21 years ago, 29-Apr-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.trains)

        Re: drawbridge —John Hill
   (...) I believe your are right Steven, if two identical motors were connected in an identical way they would run at the same speed provided they had identical loads. But nothing in this physical world is identical and that is why stepper motors and (...) (21 years ago, 29-Apr-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.trains)