 Technic / 10173
    Needed ideas for a telescoping boom. —Gerard Steenbeek
   I`m working on something that needs a telescoping boom. Actually the success of this boom will determine the success of the whole thing so I need to build it first. The boom has to be about 48 studs long, and then extend as much as possible beyond (...) (21 years ago, 25-Apr-03, to lugnet.technic)

        Re: Needed ideas for a telescoping boom. —Tobbe Arnesson
     (...) Take a peek at these pages: Jennifer Clarks idea page: (URL) latest crane: (URL) Ross Crawford's All Terrain Crane: (URL) idea I will steal eventually) Best regards, /Tobbe (URL) SPAM when e-mailing) (21 years ago, 25-Apr-03, to lugnet.technic)

         Re: Needed ideas for a telescoping boom. —Dennis Bosman
     (...) I really like his idea of elevating the boom: very simple with a rope! On my small Liebherr excavator I have the same kind of technique, but you can see the rope clearly. Maybe Ross' idea is strong enough for my Liebherr. I will try it! Dennis (...) (21 years ago, 26-Apr-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam)

         Re: Needed ideas for a telescoping boom. —Ross Crawford
     (...) Hehe thanks Dennis, I hope you can get it to work! I'm currently working on another project (yes, another crane!) which uses a similar technique, but I've ditched the idea of using a technic axle, as it's not long enough and bends too much. (...) (21 years ago, 27-Apr-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam)

        Re: Needed ideas for a telescoping boom. —Ronald Vallenduuk
     Here's the story about my adventures in crane building: (2 URLs) - 'Previous projects' - 'Mobile crane'. The extending boom was no problem. Lifting it was. It took me a few weeks just to work out how to lift it from horizontal to as steep as I could (...) (21 years ago, 25-Apr-03, to lugnet.technic)

        Re: Needed ideas for a telescoping boom. —Dennis Bosman
   Gerard, Have a look a this: (URL) Clark always has some excellent ideas (seen her terrific DEMAG AC50-1 as well?) (URL) a telescopic boom from ordinairy bricks is possible as well, but the strength is not so good. But Ron Jansen made a fantastic (...) (21 years ago, 25-Apr-03, to lugnet.technic)