 Technic / 10088
10087  |  10089
Subject:
car door with mechanisms
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Wed, 16 Apr 2003 20:42:17 GMT

hi guys
do you rmember my idea of the super-technic car
with all these mechanisms really working
not just differentials, speed gears and suspension
i'd like to create as much as possible mechanisms inside
so the first was the seat

PM

DL
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/pixsrv/Ideas/CarSeat/ver02/carseat02_01.jpg
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/pixsrv/Ideas/CarSeat/ver02/carseat02_02.jpg

and now i've got door
i saw some mocs with doos
but my one has some "special" features :)

have a look

PM

DL
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/pixsrv/Ideas/CarDoor/door02_01.jpg
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/pixsrv/Ideas/CarDoor/door02_02.jpg
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/pixsrv/Ideas/CarDoor/door02_back.jpg
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/pixsrv/Ideas/CarDoor/door02_front_expl.jpg
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/pixsrv/Ideas/CarDoor/door02_mechanism01_expl.jpg
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/pixsrv/Ideas/CarDoor/door02_mechanism02.jpg
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/pixsrv/Ideas/CarDoor/door02_mechanism03_expl.jpg
and
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/pixsrv/Ideas/CarDoor/door02.ldr

now some explanation
(can be also found here http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/pixsrv/Ideas/CarDoor/cardoor_expl.txt )

1. inside door handle
2. the element which goes to the front when #1 is used
3. the L-shape lever (the right arm goes up when #1 moves
4. this elem has 2 functions
4.1 rotates the axle connected to the #5
4.2 moves #6 up
5. the lever which rotates main lock axle
6. knob - it locks the outside handle
7. outside handle
8. the lock

the features
- inside and outside handles don't influent on each other
- inside handle unlocks the door even if the knob is set down
- outside handle is locked whe the knob is down
- the knob is set in position by rubber streached between two tow-ball fristion pins

have a look it doesn't use gears (as in real life)

what do you guys think?

regards
pixel