 Technic / *8726 (-20)
  Re: Technic MOTM needs a new name.

(...) Set would be confusing with official LEGO sets I think. (...) LOL! /Tobbe (URL) (23 years ago, 3-Mar-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Infected masks

(...) If you are talking about the trans-green Miru, it was an exclusive freeebie at Legoland California (and Windsor I think). I don't think you can get them anymore, except maybe at eBay and Bricklink. Ian (23 years ago, 3-Mar-02, to lugnet.technic.bionicle)

  Re: Technic MOTM needs a new name.

(...) ROFLMAO!! that's too funny... :-) I apologize for the quick hit-and-run post without replying to Tobbe's original one. I have to leave right now, I will expound on that one later when I get home. I am off to the NILTC show in Palatine, IL to (...) (23 years ago, 3-Mar-02, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Technic MOTM needs a new name.

I've got a few suggestions for The Technic model of the month. Hope you consider these... TRTM- Top rated technic model TSTM- Technic set of the month MTSC- Monthly Technic Set choice TMTM- This month's top model and of course TBTSIESBWCCIMOTMBTLDM- (...) (23 years ago, 3-Mar-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Too much crane?

"Jennifer Clark" <jen@vulture.dmem.strath.ac.uk> wrote in message news:GsEI5n.2nD@lugnet.com... (...) Crane, (...) possible (...) website, (...) but (...) Excellent. As usual :-) lawrence (23 years ago, 3-Mar-02, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.loc.uk)

  RE: Technic MOTM needs a new name.

COTLC - Construction of the Lunar Cycle (this way we get 13 in a year and so go 'one better' than LDraw!) :-) William -----Original Message----- From: news-gateway@lugnet.com [mailto:news-gateway...net.com]On Behalf Of Tobbe Arnesson Sent: 03 March (...) (23 years ago, 3-Mar-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Technic MOTM needs a new name.

Hi! Okay, so here's the deal, Tim Courtney from LDraw.org has asked me to change the name of Technic MOTM into something _not_ Model Of The Month since he feels MOTM is "an important part of LDraw.org's recognition". I _will_ change the name despite (...) (23 years ago, 3-Mar-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Too much crane?

(...) Interesting... when I look at it all I can see is a pile of bricks :-) I think when you've been doing a model for a long time this perception is inevitable. The photo was indeed intended to be roughly congruent with the one on the Demag (...) (23 years ago, 3-Mar-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Too much crane?

(...) Thanks! I'd love to say it was entirely deliberate but the photos were really a semi-intentional accident. They were taken in my sister's driveway where the grey chuckies seem to scale well into large boulders, the bushes look uncanilly like (...) (23 years ago, 3-Mar-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Too much crane?

(...) Let me add my etc. etc. etc. to the chorus of wows. :-) I think what struck me was that you have to look fairly close to tell it's not a model at thumbnail illustration sizes. Even when you go to the Demag site and line up their 3/4 cab (...) (23 years ago, 3-Mar-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Infected masks

I bought 9 mask packs at Wal-Mart yesterday and received 3 infected masks. The first one I received was over a year ago, this was also from Wal-Mart. I have ordered from Lego.com and bought from Wal-Mart (when they were not all opened) and never (...) (23 years ago, 3-Mar-02, to lugnet.technic.bionicle)

  Re: Too much crane?

(...) That's a lot like saying is there such a thing as too many Lego bricks? Of course not!:) My first reaction to your pho was, quite honestly, "what's with the reference photo here?"...until I read the note on the site saying that was your model. (...) (23 years ago, 3-Mar-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Too much crane?

Hi Shiri, Thanks for the reply! The problem with the corrugated tubes was finding a way of attaching them to traditional bricks in a seamless way. Usually an axle joiner and pin or similar is required, which works great in the normal technic style (...) (23 years ago, 3-Mar-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Too much crane?

(...) Nope! Especially when they are of such high quality :). Steve (23 years ago, 3-Mar-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Too much crane?

Hi Jennifer! First off let me say - I've heard about you, but this is the first time I've ever seen one of your creations. Technic isn't the apple of my eye; I'm not crazy about the pure mechanics with no aesthetics. But I love model team and (...) (23 years ago, 3-Mar-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Too much crane?

Hi folks, Looks like it is a plentiful weekend for new MOCs! I have a preview of a new creation online, yet another All Terrain Crane, but with some new twists to keep things interesting. Still, is it possible to have too many cranes? The model is (...) (23 years ago, 3-Mar-02, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.build, lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.loc.uk) !!

  Re: Red Technic Gear - 24 Tooth

(...) From (URL) there are 2 in (URL) Vision Command ROSCO (23 years ago, 3-Mar-02, to lugnet.technic)

  New OOC: Motorized 14 wide Jeep Cherokee

[OOC = Our Own Creation] Today Adrian Drake, Troy and Ken Cefaratti, Gino Melone and I got together at Adrian's house for a building session. Upon seeing my Mercury, Adrian reiterated his desire to build his own car, a Jeep Cherokee, sometime. Since (...) (23 years ago, 3-Mar-02, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.town, lugnet.build, lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.technic, lugnet.org.us.bloc, lugnet.loc.us.oh) !!

  Re: Bionicle comic #4, The Bohrok Awake! (Some questions)

(...) The Toa received the gold masks for getting all 6 masks of power of their respective colors (according to the online game). (...) Dunno. (...) The comics skipped the defeat of Makuta. Grr. I think it was stupid to skip such a major part of (...) (23 years ago, 3-Mar-02, to lugnet.technic.bionicle)

  Re: Pneumatics: the old and the new

"c s soh" <cssoh@singnet.com.sg> wrote in message news:3C8076A2.E27D98....com.sg... (...) You most certainly can store vacuum. How would a TV set work, otherwise? When the tube is finally smashed or broken at the end of it's life, the vacuum (...) (23 years ago, 3-Mar-02, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact