 Technic / *18056 (-20)
  Re: Technic Manas Truck

(...) You've used them nicely there! I agree with the on button issue - so far I've managed to leave them exposed... I thought of using the spare motor point for drop legs, but due to the fact that the manas motors are a little timing innacurate (...) (18 years ago, 21-Mar-07, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Technic Manas Truck

(...) Hi Ian, Nice MOC! I agree with you: integrating a Manas is not a simple matter. Here is an idea for you: use the spare function in the trailer's Manas to raise / lower a pair of landing legs (See picture of the real thing here: (URL) that (...) (18 years ago, 21-Mar-07, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Boosting power in a gear train / torque amplifier

I think one way to do this uses a differential (URL) and a pole reverser (URL). I don't have a picture to hand but the idea is simple. One side of the differential is connected to the low torque "input axle". The differential housing is connected to (...) (18 years ago, 21-Mar-07, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Boosting power in a gear train

(...) A torque amplifier is EXACTLY what I need; thank you! Now I just need to figureout how to build one. Google has a few pix, two lego ones actually. I hope this will get me where I need to go! Thanks for the help, Rafe (18 years ago, 21-Mar-07, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Boosting power in a gear train

More information about your application would be helpful. The first thought that jumps to mind is "Use a more powerful motor. Duh!". So there must be something that I am missing. There must be some reason you need to use the puny motor. Maybe you (...) (18 years ago, 20-Mar-07, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Boosting power in a gear train

I have a gear train that is driven by a very weak input, very small torque. There are some places in the gear train where I have some worm gears driving some 'regualr' gears. As I go along the gear train, I boost the output as much as I can with (...) (18 years ago, 20-Mar-07, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: 8889 Technic Truck

dear al have you ever constructed a (portable) forklift or do you know anyone that has? christian (18 years ago, 20-Mar-07, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Technic Manas Truck

"Ian Power" <ian@codemaster.com.au> wrote in message news:JF680s.nFt@lugnet.com... (...) That is very nice. I have little experience with studless building and find your work very interesting. I really love the appearance of the trailer. Power (...) (18 years ago, 20-Mar-07, to lugnet.technic)

  Technic Manas Truck

Hey guys... Might remember me... I posted the "Millenia Car" last year (was on the side bar for ages!). Anyway, finally got around to building something else (I lead a busy life). (URL) Technic truck based around the motor packs in the Bionicle (...) (18 years ago, 19-Mar-07, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: 8275 Bulldozer...

North American schedule I think is August (18 years ago, 18-Mar-07, to lugnet.technic)

  8275 Bulldozer...

Does anyone know ehn this model will be released? Thanks. (18 years ago, 16-Mar-07, to lugnet.technic)

  Someone posted a great crane/construction town&technic MOC a year ago

Someone posted a great crane/construction town&technic MOC about year ago (could me more)... but I can't find it it neither of the newgroups. Anyone remember it and know where I can find the pics? There was a big town scale crane and some dump (...) (18 years ago, 15-Mar-07, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.town)

  Re: More Power Functions info released

(...) snip... (...) snip... Not to be a stickler, but gearing doesn't increase motor power. Unless the large motor has less internal power loss (reduced friction would be nice) it will have more torque, less speed, and the same power as the NXT (...) (18 years ago, 14-Mar-07, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: gears...

Timothy is right about the mechanical advantage, and explained it very well! One more thing to remember is that since the worm gear acts as a "lock" for the other gear, you don't want to put too much torque on the other gear. You can either rip the (...) (18 years ago, 14-Mar-07, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: gears...

(...) Basically, a worm gear has one tooth. So using that with a 40-tooth gear reduces the rotational speed by a factor of 40, and increases the strength by the same amount. Also, worm gears can drive a gear, but can't be driven by that gear, so (...) (18 years ago, 14-Mar-07, to lugnet.technic)

  gears...

This may sound stupid, but after half a decade of not playing with my Legos, I have forgotten some basic stuff, which I was wondering maybe you could help me with. My biggest is with gears. Can someone explain to me why using a worm gear with two (...) (18 years ago, 13-Mar-07, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: New Monorail System (MOC) - 360 degree roll

(...) This is very cool stuff, Mark! As a bit of a Lego roller coaster guru ((URL) I am impressed and am looking forward to someone developing this to its full potential - it looks like some very cool new things can now be modeled! -Matt :) (18 years ago, 13-Mar-07, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: New Monorail System (MOC) - 360 degree roll

(...) Thanks Mark, Here's a pic of the 360 degree roll, the first roller-coaster function that goes beyond the capabilities of the old monorail: (URL) is the whole rolling track: (URL) when moderated: (URL) if the whole gallery isn't available for a (...) (18 years ago, 13-Mar-07, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.trains)

  Re: New Monorail System (MOC)

(...) [snip] (...) The track link price range is currently $0.50 to $0.90, so you're quite right about it being unfeasible for now, but I was surprised to find that the break-even point, below which the track link price would make a tracked monorail (...) (18 years ago, 13-Mar-07, to lugnet.technic)

  More Power Functions info released

Some info I can now release, in addition to what I've posted here: (URL) Power Functions large motors (URL) use the same metal motor inside as the NXT motors. The motor driver chip in the IR RC receiver (URL) is the same chip as the NXT motor driver (...) (18 years ago, 13-Mar-07, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact