 Technic / *17531 (-20)
  Re: Scissor Lift in LEGO?

"Bill Ward" <bill@wards.net> wrote in message news:Ivo9xE.1oBF@lugnet.com... (...) They do not mesh. We need a rack like this ///.../// not |||...||| . Bob (19 years ago, 5-Mar-06, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Scissor Lift in LEGO?

(...) I'm sure they would. Sorry I just haven't taken any yet. But this thread has given me some great ideas to try... (...) The worm gears are aligned carefully, and they seem to mesh fairly well, but I think ultimately rack gears and worm gears in (...) (19 years ago, 5-Mar-06, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Scissor Lift in LEGO?

(...) On a winch? That's an intriguing idea. (...) Just one scissor. (19 years ago, 5-Mar-06, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: Scissor Lift in LEGO?

Bill, I Built A Scissor Lift with a pneumatic piston in the middle. (URL) (19 years ago, 4-Mar-06, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: Scissor Lift in LEGO?

"Geoffrey Hyde" <g.hyde@bigpond.net.au> wrote in message news:IvLB88.1D9t@lugnet.com... (...) Actually the gears cannot rotate as they are meshed with each other. This causes them not only to support the screw, but act as a nut creating linear (...) (19 years ago, 4-Mar-06, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Scissor Lift in LEGO?

Those are some interesting milling machines there Bob. How do you think they'd look if built in the newer studless beams? Do you think there'd be any insurmountable rigidity problems building with studless beams? I noticed you had one long worm gear (...) (19 years ago, 4-Mar-06, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Scissor Lift in LEGO?

"Geoffrey Hyde" <g.hyde@bigpond.net.au> wrote in message news:IvKtn1.16vD@lugnet.com... (...) (URL) may give some ideas. I made a nut out of two 8 tooth gears and used a string of worm gears as a lead screw, but I cannot find the picture. The best (...) (19 years ago, 4-Mar-06, to lugnet.technic)

  Absolutely amazing quadruped robot (watch the video)

Boston Dynamics is working on an all-terrain quadruped robot for DARPA (Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency). It's absolutely amazing. (URL) Direct link to the video (URL) So cool! (19 years ago, 4-Mar-06, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: Scissor Lift in LEGO?

Some photos of what you've tried so far would help a great deal. I was wondering if it would be possible to see how cloesly you're matching up the worm gears to the rack gears, theoretically, it should be possible, but if you're using more than one (...) (19 years ago, 4-Mar-06, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Scissor Lift in LEGO?

"Rob Hendrix" <rob.removebeforesen...msltc.org> wrote in message news:IvKKqA.255E@lugnet.com... (...) Rob, You are one of the above. Bob Fay (19 years ago, 3-Mar-06, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Scissor Lift in LEGO?

(...) Haven't actually built one, but one other possibility may be to use string rather than gearing directly. How many scissors are there in your lift? On the real ones I've seen they often have a hydraulic cylinder going from the bottom scissor to (...) (19 years ago, 3-Mar-06, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: Scissor Lift in LEGO?

"Bill Ward" <bill@wards.net> wrote in message news:IvKJHv.1xLK@lugnet.com... (...) Posting to Lugnet so others can see. My $.02, but I'm no mechanical genius: Why don't you use one of those gear holders that holds a worm gear and 24t gear in it. (...) (19 years ago, 3-Mar-06, to lugnet.technic)

  Scissor Lift in LEGO?

(cross posted to (URL) blog> and BayLUG Mindstorms mailing list) Have you ever tried building a scissor lift in LEGO? I’m working on a project that calls for that kind of mechanism to lift it up, like those food service trucks at the airport. It is (...) (19 years ago, 3-Mar-06, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Adaptive Sloping Track Module

I've just posted a drawing explaining how to extend a railway layout when the track slopes at the point of extension, without intrducing an excessive change of slope. (URL) is used in my new large layout, which will be 16ftx12ft (37x28 of 16x16 (...) (19 years ago, 1-Mar-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.build.schleim, lugnet.technic)

  Automated Backhoe - private folder

My apologies, I expected the brickshelf folder to go public much sooner. You can see a few pictures and a shorter video in my Supertrain 2006 folder: (...) (19 years ago, 24-Feb-06, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic)

  Automated Backhoe

Greetings, I have posted pictures of my most recent automated creation on brickshelf: (URL) sure to check out the "backhoe.wmv" video (2 mb). The Automated Backhoe took 60 hours to build. Contruction/acquistion started in August 2005. It was first (...) (19 years ago, 24-Feb-06, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic, lugnet.announce)

  SALUG at Supertrain 2006

Greetings, SALUG (Southern Alberta Lego User's Group) attended Supertrain, the groups forth time at this train show in Calgary, Alberta. Attendance for the two days was about 14,000. Pictures (and video) can be seen at: (URL) of the show include: (...) (19 years ago, 22-Feb-06, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.org.ca.salug, lugnet.technic, lugnet.trains, lugnet.disney)

  Re: MAN 26422 Snowplow

(...) Hallo Nathan and everbody Thank you for your compliments. I think, my truck need also in wintertime work, so i build a pneumatic snowplow and a spreader electric driven (Is spreader the correct way to say in english?). For pictures und (...) (19 years ago, 21-Feb-06, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam)

  Re: Strandbeest

(...) LOL! The video with the charging Strandbeest was funny! It reminded me of that battle scene in the movie Sparticus. That MOC is a good artistic representation of several soldiers running side-by-side with swords drawn. (19 years ago, 20-Feb-06, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Strandbeest

(...) Congratulations Tom, you captured extremely well the organic, fluid style of Theo Jansen's creatures! Philo (19 years ago, 19-Feb-06, to lugnet.technic)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact