 Technic / *14146 (-20)
  Re: Fire truck of LEGO ..... or not?

(...) Very true. Yes, I knew it was an ARFF, but I guess I figured that since this was LEGO's first foray into that particular sub-genre of fire/rescue vehicles, that they might stick to something a little more traditional looking: (URL) (...) I (...) (21 years ago, 11-Jan-04, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam, FTX)

  Re: What is the difference between... ?

(...) I wondered if it had been discussed on rec.toys.lego at some point. This was the earliest posting where someone asked if this should be the name or not. It's from about 6 1/2 years ago. (URL) (a) There didn't seem to be a consensus, and yet... (...) (21 years ago, 11-Jan-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Will the educational arm of Technic and Mindstorms continue, at least?

In lugnet.robotics, Ross Crawford wrote: -snip->> But has there been any official word on whether or not at least the (...) Before TLC drops the educational division, there's the question of what will happen to FLL which has grown rapidly not only (...) (21 years ago, 11-Jan-04, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.general, lugnet.technic)

  A possible use for those Bionicle Kraata slug things

We all bought set 8580 for the trans-black jars, right? I know I did. However, not having a use for that dorky Kraata... thing just bugged me. Therefore I present to you The Krats: (2 URLs) If you thought JarJar was bad, wait until you see a group (...) (21 years ago, 11-Jan-04, to lugnet.space, lugnet.build.minifigs, lugnet.technic.bionicle, FTX)

  Re: What is the difference between... ?

(...) What is a liftarm anyway? My dictionaries don't know it, and I never heard of it outside of the LEGO technic context. Jürgen "old fogie" (21 years ago, 11-Jan-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Mercedes-Benz Actros 4150K in 1:13 scale

(...) Hi Tobbe, Sorry for the somewhat late answer. I already have such pictures in my BrickShelf folder: (URL) These show an older revision, but only the rear part showing the outtrigger/turntable part has been rebuilt for the current model) cu (...) (21 years ago, 11-Jan-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: motor repair

hi Philippe, (...) Sorry, I don't know any translator , (with 1 Europe there should be one :-) but it's no problem for me to translate a few pages, tell me what pages you're interested in. Btw, Nice work, your laser target finder ! cheers, Stef (...) (21 years ago, 11-Jan-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: What is the difference between... ?

(...) Nothing. They're called Straight Liftarms in Ldraw and the Bricklink catalog, but some of us old fogies that still remember studded beams (called "Technic bricks" by you young 'uns) call them studless beams. ROSCO (21 years ago, 11-Jan-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: What is the difference between... ?

(...) Terminology? The naming conventions for the "studless beams" is haphazard at best. LDraw calls the "studless beams" liftarms, but others who do not use LDraw tools simply refer to them as studless beams. Lego is also pretty inconsistent about (...) (21 years ago, 10-Jan-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: What is the difference between... ?

(...) Length? ~Mike (21 years ago, 10-Jan-04, to lugnet.technic)

  What is the difference between... ?

Okay... stupid question time. What is the difference between a studless beam and a straight liftarm? Anyone? Anyone? Bueller? >> Mark (21 years ago, 10-Jan-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Will the educational arm of Technic and Mindstorms continue, at least?

(...) I'd be very surprised (and disappointed) if Technic was dropped. After all, it has been around since the late 70s, I think that makes it part of the core building system. But thats just my opinion. Mindstorms is another matter - it's a (...) (21 years ago, 10-Jan-04, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.general, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Will the educational arm of Technic and Mindstorms continue, at least?

(...) I think it should continue, and i just posted this: (URL) couple seconds b4 seeing this thread. (21 years ago, 10-Jan-04, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.general, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Will the educational arm of Technic and Mindstorms continue, at least?

(...) Yes, I would like to hear something official as well. I would have thought that as a moderator of the official MindStorms forum I would have been told something, but no. The exact same questions are being asked there and I have no solid (...) (21 years ago, 10-Jan-04, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.general, lugnet.technic)

  Will the educational arm of Technic and Mindstorms continue, at least?

It seems like the writing is on the wall with regards to the retail sector for many of LEGO's more sophisticated lineups --- press releases abound about how LEGO is restructuring and eliminating all its electronics (which I assume means Mindstorms) (...) (21 years ago, 10-Jan-04, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.general, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Fire truck of LEGO ..... or not?

"Allan Bedford" <ExpertBuilder-DELET...otome.com> wrote in message news:Hr82qz.wDC@lugnet.com... (...) it's an air-port fire truck it doesn't have to have ladder but in fact what to release fire-truck for if it is not a fire-truck what everyone is (...) (21 years ago, 9-Jan-04, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam)

  Re: Fire truck of LEGO ..... or not?

(...) This truck isn't really that far out. For your consideration, take a look at the following, which are current design airport crash trucks: (URL) not quite as streamlined as the Lego model, but the family resemblance is definitely there. Adrian (...) (21 years ago, 9-Jan-04, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam)

  Re: Fire truck of LEGO ..... or not?

(...) True. But the original posting wasn't complaining that there weren't new subjects for LEGO Technic sets, rather that the MegaBloks set *looked* so very good. It was then me who pointed out that the current LEGO fire truck looks very much like (...) (21 years ago, 9-Jan-04, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam)

  Re: Fire truck of LEGO ..... or not?

hi "Jonathan MacIntyre" <jonwally2002@yahoo.ca> wrote in message news:Hr7xHI.3p6@lugnet.com... (...) then do it :))) i think there is finite amount of models which can be buid i'm not saying nothing new will appear but if you track out technic (...) (21 years ago, 9-Jan-04, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam)

  Re: Fire truck of LEGO ..... or not?

"Allan Bedford" <ExpertBuilder-DELET...otome.com> wrote in message news:Hqz22E.14GA@lugnet.com... (...) (URL) (...) it. (...) about (...) the (...) model (...) Hello Lego does make some good models, but then they make things like the "Fire Truck" (...) (21 years ago, 9-Jan-04, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact