 Technic / *13936 (-20)
  Re: New Years Resolution Runner

"Kevin L. Clague" <kevin_clague@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:HoyzK6.15ox@lugnet.com... (...) the (...) I seem to recall that somebody has made a hopping robot already? Cheers, Hao-yang Wang (21 years ago, 26-Nov-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Simulating pneumatic sequencers, was Re: Pneumatic Quadraped 242

(...) To do that you have to use the simulator in analog mode, I'm not sure it would work on that kind of circuit (and if it did the simulation would be MUCH slower) Philo (21 years ago, 26-Nov-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: JCB JS220 Excavator

(...) Indeed! I have namechecked you for that one. (...) They can move slightly, I've just looked at the leader picture and it can be seen on the boom cylinders :- (URL) (...) I know exactly what you mean, and certainly it is less exciting in sheer (...) (21 years ago, 26-Nov-03, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: JCB JS220 Excavator

In lugnet.announce.moc, Jennifer Clark wrote: snip (...) Beautful job Jennifer! As per usual, you always impress me with your MOCS! Keep up the great work! Dave K (21 years ago, 26-Nov-03, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: New Years Resolution Runner

(...) Well by that defintion, simply flipping one of your many walkers upsidedown would make it "running" :) I actually studied quadraped running back in 1981 when I was writing a game on an Apple ][+ for a graphic dog-racing simulation/game. I (...) (21 years ago, 26-Nov-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Simulating pneumatic sequencers, was Re: Pneumatic Quadraped 242

(...) Philo, Have you seen this? (URL) amazingly like your SR flop schematics. Kevin (...) (21 years ago, 26-Nov-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: JCB JS220 Excavator

(...) Jen, Some things I really liked: • Gear reduction in the car body, as opposed to being located in the superstructure. A nice solution to the backlash problem with the tranmission parts. • Use of transmission parts to create the concentric (...) (21 years ago, 26-Nov-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: JCB JS220 Excavator

(...) The models do take a very long time (many months), and sometimes I can spend days on relatively trivial parts like the upper part of the cab, and then change it to something else entirely later. It's just an incremental thing really, I don't (...) (21 years ago, 26-Nov-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.publish)

  Re: New Years Resolution Runner

(...) In my mind, running means all feet off the ground, no matter how many feet the walker has. I did not assume bipedalism. (...) Kevin (21 years ago, 26-Nov-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: lego plane... not yet

(...) They are flexible enough to be curved by LEGO, as someone's glider showed. I figured first that I'd try to recreate the glider. Kevin (21 years ago, 26-Nov-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Simulating pneumatic sequencers, was Re: Pneumatic Quadraped 242

(...) Philo, Hey! Great stuff! I've been aware of the electrical equivalence, but not mentioned it. Maybe if you put capacitors in series at the inputs of each flop, your test points might have less vertical slope. I'll probably use the simulator to (...) (21 years ago, 26-Nov-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: JCB JS220 Excavator

(...) Yeah, I know, I know. But "digital like" was a term that I figured most people would understand, and perhaps even apriciate if your initials are K.C. :) Then enters the "ooh, I can beat this foreign kid in the language game"-brat... :P Heck, (...) (21 years ago, 26-Nov-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: JCB JS220 Excavator

(...) (It's your rendered truck for the moment) I want one! But I can't afford it, neither the Lego nor the time. How on earth do you find the time to finish off projects like this? And all that documenting! Don't you get tired of the project when (...) (21 years ago, 25-Nov-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: New Years Resolution Runner

Travis's utterance expressed in news:Hoy8Mv.woE@lugnet.com: (...) And we agree that the correct definition for "running" is that at no time two feet are touching the ground? And that at one time beteen two steps there are _no_ contavt with the (...) (21 years ago, 26-Nov-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: lego plane... not yet

"Kevin L. Clague" <kevin_clague@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:HoyoBu.15Lo@lugnet.com... (...) are you gona bend these panels to shape a wing? (21 years ago, 26-Nov-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: mid-size pulley wheel ?

(...) There is also :- (URL) (21 years ago, 26-Nov-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.build)

  Re: mid-size pulley wheel ?

(...) There is also the micromotor pulley nr. 2983, which does NOT have the groove centered. (21 years ago, 26-Nov-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.build)

  mid-size pulley wheel ?

Does a part exist that would function as a mid-size pulley wheel for a rubber belt ? I can use a wedge-belt wheel (p/n 4185) for a large pulley and a half bush (p/n 4265) for a small pulley. I was looking for something between these two that has the (...) (21 years ago, 26-Nov-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.build)

  Simulating pneumatic sequencers, was Re: Pneumatic Quadraped 242

(...) Hi Kevin and all, I wanted to experiment with your sequencers without fussing too much with time consuming building, so I used simulation... I used a free electronics simulator, CircuitMaker Student ((URL) Piston + switch are equivalent to an (...) (21 years ago, 26-Nov-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: lego plane... not yet

(...) I did buy the mars explorer, but I've not made a glider yet. (...) Kevin (21 years ago, 26-Nov-03, to lugnet.technic)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact