 Technic / *13361 (-10)
  Re: Pneumatic Magic Presetnation Maertials

Kevin L. Clague's utterance expressed in news:HJsMzo.4n3@lugnet.com: (...) Friction is an important factor. But just as important is the fact that if I want to fill a certain volume with air, it takes less time if the volume is smaller - therefore (...) (21 years ago, 18-Aug-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Jabba the Hutt Miniland Custom

(...) . snip . WOW! Great job! This is the first time I've ever seen someone successfully blend Bionicle and Star Wars! Others have tried, but you're the first to master the art! Well done. XPost to .Bionicle - the people over there really need to (...) (21 years ago, 18-Aug-03, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.technic.bionicle, FTX)

  Re: Pneumatic Magic Presetnation Maertials

In lugnet.technic, Ross Crawford wrote: <snip> (...) I think that the smaller pistons expand/contract faster because they have much less friction, combined with the fact that they have much smaller cavities. The old large single acting pistons (...) (21 years ago, 18-Aug-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Pneumatic Magic Presetnation Maertials

(...) Ummmm yep, thats what I meant - the contract side is smaller so less force, but wouldn't that also mean it contracts faster because it needs less air? Just like the small cylinders expand/contract much faster than the big ones because of the (...) (21 years ago, 18-Aug-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: CardShark: A Shuffling and Dealing Creation!

(...) Also, how fast is it? How do you communicate the numbers of players and how many cards? Where do the cards come in? How reliable is it? How does it shuffle, how much random is there? How often does the card end up up-side down (or up-side up (...) (21 years ago, 17-Aug-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Some more photos - 8454 fire truck

(...) especially surprised at the simple yet functional "water cannon" tilting mechanism. (URL) moderation: (URL) if only I could receive my replacement pneumatic cylinder from Lego so I can finally start building the backhoe loader... (21 years ago, 17-Aug-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: CardShark: A Shuffling and Dealing Creation!

(...) Yes , looks impressive. (...) How about the basic idea how it works (shuffling, separating cards, ...)? Jürgen (21 years ago, 17-Aug-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: CardShark: A Shuffling and Dealing Creation!

I like it. Is there any chance you'd provide some instructions or have a parts list? With a project that big it probably isn't worth the trouble to do that, though. How about the code for the program it's running? (21 years ago, 17-Aug-03, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Lego, please release set 10076 at shop @ home

So that the 99% of lego fans who cant get it have the opertunity to do so. I myself would love one (for the 36 teeth double bevel gears) (21 years ago, 17-Aug-03, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.technic)

  CardShark: A Shuffling and Dealing Creation!

Hello all! Well, I have just completed one of my biggest projects: CardShark-a Shuffling and dealing creation! It is one of the first (if not the first!) Lego creations that can shuffle and deal cards! You can find CardShark's page at my website (...) (21 years ago, 16-Aug-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.announce.moc, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact