 Technic / *12001 (-20)
  Re: baby walker

(...) Very cool! Thanks for trying out the design for me, I would have worked on it myself, but I'm glad you could help me out. I'm wondering, did the design with 7 pieces get its foot totally off the ground? I think lego is actually making a (...) (21 years ago, 5-Apr-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Power Pulling

(...) Thanks for the clarification. I'd love to see the new vehicle when completed, and how much it pulls. MM (21 years ago, 5-Apr-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Town scale Road Train with steering trailers

(...) mechanism (...) What I built is better than a convetional B double or triple. A B double or triple still cuts corners, but not as mush as a dolly setup. A B double or triple just eliminates a joint. I quiclky built a B double to make sure I (...) (21 years ago, 5-Apr-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.town)

  Diet Walker Light

here is the light version of the Diet Walker. Its feet could be improved, but he manages to get around. (URL) (21 years ago, 5-Apr-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: yet another teensy walker

this rules. its totally kewl how you gave it four legs. i was planning on doing a four legger today sometime. one thing though. i see that he legs move in parallel. is there anyway that you can make all four hit the ground a different moments, so (...) (21 years ago, 5-Apr-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Town scale Road Train with steering trailers

(...) Theirs nothing wrong with this system, although you seem to have added complexiy where none is needed. I think what you have tried to create is a "B triple". This is 1 normal trailer following two other trailers that have their own fifth wheel (...) (21 years ago, 5-Apr-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.town)

  Re: yet another teensy walker

"Rob Stehlik" <robbby31@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:HCuM8H.11s5@lugnet.com... (...) I should have known you would come up with something special. That is the first time I've seen that conical gear used on the micromotor. Very cool! -- Bob (...) (21 years ago, 5-Apr-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: baby walker

after watching that film, i got to say that this is fun but its totally not a walker. first foremost for that leg drag, I'd rename this Igor or somthing. -tk "Philippe Hurbain" <philohome@free.fr> wrote in message news:HCvtts.nF@lugnet.com... (...) (...) (21 years ago, 5-Apr-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: baby walker

I got into a big debate at the bar last night as to whether this is a walker or not. Believe me, by the end I found myself arguing for this bot's place as a walker. but that was last night and I had too much to drink. this bot deserves to be in a (...) (21 years ago, 5-Apr-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: baby walker

...and then they were five... The 1x7 liftarm is a bit short and the motor bumps against the flexible axle. So I used a 1x9 (7+2) to be low enough, and I could remove Micromotor bottom. I used a 1x2 liftarm with plate only for aestetical reasons... (...) (21 years ago, 5-Apr-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Town scale Road Train with steering trailers

This is townscale Road Train. They use Road Trains in Australia since the distances are so great there. Road trains usually have steered trailers to cope with intersections at teh outskirts of cities. (URL) will notice that the second and third (...) (21 years ago, 5-Apr-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.town) !

  Re: yet another teensy walker

"Rob Stehlik" <robbby31@hotmail.com> skrev i meddelandet news:HCuM8H.11s5@lugnet.com... (...) greater than itself. This model could really be used to build something on, in contrast with some of the other 'baby' walkers we've seen lately. Happy (...) (21 years ago, 5-Apr-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: baby walker

(...) Cool! I figured that the stiffness of the wire would help. I guess I'll call it Shorty ,as it's only a little over an inch tall :). Now I've just got to get that micro motor ordered so I can try it out myself. I'm wondering if you could try (...) (21 years ago, 5-Apr-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: baby walker

It works! (URL) stability is obtained more from wire stiffness than from 2x4 brick (not heavy enough, without wire motor would turn over when in topmost position) Cheers, Philo www.philohome.com (...) (21 years ago, 5-Apr-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Power Pulling

(...) The competition is currently in hibernation. I've dismantled the vehicle. What I'd like to do is re-launch it with a brand new vehicle. I have bits of vehicle lying around waiting to be united into one truck. You can still build your own (...) (21 years ago, 5-Apr-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: baby walker

Øyvind Steinnes's utterance expressed in news:HCtvwx.vt2@lugnet.com: (...) Trouble is.. the micro motor is equipped with a small platic ring that only fits the pulley what comes with it. (URL) - motor (URL) - pulley The pulley can hold an crossaxle (...) (21 years ago, 5-Apr-03, to lugnet.technic)

  (canceled)

  Re: baby walker

(...) I've got an idea for a walker similar to this one that only uses seven pieces! I can't try it out yet because I don't have a micro motor yet either, but it seems like it should work. It uses a 1x2 technic brick with 2 holes connected directly (...) (21 years ago, 5-Apr-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Tramp, tramp, tramp, the boys are marching.

Looks quite impressive! Next time, though, you may want to try to keep the crates in the background still... Stefan. --- New film by YellowHead Studios: A Christmas Carol In Bricks (URL) Beatty" <carbunicle@appleogue.net> schreef in bericht (...) (21 years ago, 4-Apr-03, to lugnet.technic.bionicle)

  Re: yet another teensy walker

(...) These look great. Wishing I had a micro motor. Nice to see you got a batery pack on there. regards, Paul (...) (21 years ago, 5-Apr-03, to lugnet.technic)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact