 Technic / *10836 (-20)
  Re: Tech not dead

(...) Wow! 9 cylinders, that's unprecedented, It's also the same number as on my AK912 crane. The thought of adding pnumatics to the shovel on the original JCB had crossed my mind before. Jonathan Wilson's right, the lack of beams is appalling. The (...) (22 years ago, 5-Jan-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.technic)

  Re: TECHNIC IS NOT DEAD!!!

(...) I like the backhoe model as well, although I wonder if there are going to be any blue airtanks included... hopefully, since this looks like a large model using the 8466's large tires. It seems strange to me to have one technic set with 9 (...) (22 years ago, 5-Jan-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.technic)

  Re: TECHNIC IS NOT DEAD!!!

(...) It looks a lot like an airport crash truck (a kind of fire truck) to me. Right down to the low slung body and fat all terrain wheels. The sickening lime green color is all the latest rage in crash truck colors, apparently.... (URL) that ugly (...) (22 years ago, 5-Jan-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.technic)

  Re: TECHNIC IS NOT DEAD!!!

(...) Releasing sets like that is NOT the way to get me to reach for my wallet. The 3 small mini sets look acceptable though. As for the backhoe, its got some good points (the large quantity of Pneumatics for one) but the worst point is that it (...) (22 years ago, 5-Jan-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.technic)

  Re: TECHNIC IS NOT DEAD!!!

(...) This is what I think of when I think of LEGO Technic models. This has a very realistic look to it. Very well done! Someone once asked me why I felt so strongly that the Jack Stone series was a bad move for the company. I told them that, "it (...) (22 years ago, 4-Jan-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.technic)

  TECHNIC IS NOT DEAD!!!

Check out this backhoe with 9(!!) pneumatic cylinders: (URL) this 8-wheeled fire truck with 6 steering wheels: (URL) there are more technic sets: (URL) (22 years ago, 4-Jan-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.technic) !

  Re: What a downer :-(

(...) We need more ranting, not less. Rants almost always give greater insight into your personal experience, and that can only be beneficial. It may not be the easiest thing to swallow, but truth is like that. I agree with you on every other point, (...) (22 years ago, 4-Jan-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.technic)

  Re: What a downer :-(

(...) The 24 hour cartoon channels are great! They keep my bird entertained while I'm at work (he likes Nick the best). As to children, just don't let them watch all the time (though in truth I'll sit and watch The Fairly Oddparents or Samurai Jack (...) (22 years ago, 4-Jan-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Jama - "My chest is looking at you"

(...) I just developed a super secret "Invinso-Spray" A super durable one micron thick layer of protection. Wax on- Wax off- Only problem I got is I have to stash my computer in a little heated hut about two meters away due to the cord of the Vision (...) (22 years ago, 4-Jan-03, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: What a downer :-(

"Steve Burge" <steveburge@b_i_g_f_o_o_t.com> wrote in message news:H856EB.6DA@lugnet.com... <snip> Video games have an advantage over board games in that you can play them when no-one else is willing to play a game with you</snip> Isn't that down to (...) (22 years ago, 4-Jan-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.technic)

  Re: 8475

I'm not 100% certain, but I think the lights and siren parts from the town and space light and sound sets should work with this. Try set 6480 for a look at one of the sets. For parts on Bricklink, try: Lights: (URL) sets: (URL) look under electric, (...) (22 years ago, 4-Jan-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Jama - "My chest is looking at you"

(...) circuits????? 8?) ROSCO (22 years ago, 4-Jan-03, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: What a downer :-(

(...) No offense to you personally Robert, but I sometimes wish that those people who "can't reveal their sources" would simply not post the information at all. I realize that sometimes they are just trying to be helpful, or to scoop a story before (...) (22 years ago, 4-Jan-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: 8475

I am pretty cluless about lights, sirens... Can anyone (Jason?) recommend either a good set that has lights and/or sirens compatible with the 9V on the 8475 or even individual bricks from BrickLink? Thanks in advance. Laurent (...) (22 years ago, 4-Jan-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Jama - "My chest is looking at you"

Jama lair: (...) (22 years ago, 4-Jan-03, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: What a downer :-(

(...) These 3 sound like the 3 models seen in some catalog pictures a while back. (22 years ago, 3-Jan-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: What a downer :-( ...and we still will hang on....

(...) I really do beleive that what we say here really does make a difference. The discusion of technic being alive and why it should be has been going on hear for maybe over a year. We may have covered groud that lego cheifs may not have realised. (...) (22 years ago, 3-Jan-03, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.technic)

  Re: An ISCC entry I spotted

Yep, it's a great idea! I would like to thanks Ludger for sharing it, because I can use it for my own MAN tipper truck! Dennis (...) (22 years ago, 3-Jan-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam)

  Re: What a downer :-( ...and we still will hang on....

I had some coffe and read this thread. I got to thinking about the range of Technic parts and brick. I figure what falls into a Technic part catagory is so essential to building stuff that moves or helps form features, that it could never go away. I (...) (22 years ago, 3-Jan-03, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.technic)

  Re: What a downer :-(

One idea has crept into my mind. Maybe, it's just one of those years? I thought back to the mid 80's and looked at some of my US LEGO brochures to check out what was out then. As I remembered it, Technic was rather thin. One important note: this is (...) (22 years ago, 3-Jan-03, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.technic)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact