 Technic / *10536 (-5)
  Re: New MOC! Sen from Miyazaki's Spirited Away

"Jeff Ranjo" <THRAXISjr@aol.com> wrote in message news:H5wz6x.GuA@lugnet.com... (...) Wow, not much more to say. Again Wow. -- Thanx~ Nicole Drumm MS (URL) Account: drumm-family Bricklink Store: Drumm's Small Lots (22 years ago, 21-Nov-02, to lugnet.technic.bionicle)

  New MOC! Sen from Miyazaki's Spirited Away

I saw Miyazaki's masterpiece "Spirited Away" a couple of months ago and was inspired to build a dragon. So here it is: (URL) like how the Toa and Bohrok foot came together nicely to form the mouth without too much effort. And the red flag was (...) (22 years ago, 21-Nov-02, to lugnet.technic.bionicle) !

  Re: articulation points?

The main reason it would make sense to quote the total DOF is that is determines the volume the arm needs or is able to work in. For example imagine a snake-bot with a dozen 2 DOF joints. It can reach around objects to position it's effector. So it (...) (22 years ago, 21-Nov-02, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.technic)

  Re: articulation points?

i never really gave it a thought about the hand not having rotation of its own accord, but rather gets it from the elbow. that solves a huge problem i'm having with my mech. you see, i'm having difficulty with my mech holding his weapon because it's (...) (22 years ago, 20-Nov-02, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: articulation points?

(...) I think you've hit the nail on the head here Eric. To me, the most logical way of looking at a robot arm would be from the point of view of the end effector, i.e. what it can and cannot do. The way the arm moves to get there may be of less (...) (22 years ago, 20-Nov-02, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.technic)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact