 Technic / *10196 (-10)
  Bionicle hunting Galidor!

Hi All, I am not a regular poster here but I came up with something I thought might interest you. I was contemplating the new Galidor figures and got to thinking about what the Bionicles reaction might be. Here is my link, it should go public soon. (...) (22 years ago, 19-Sep-02, to lugnet.technic.bionicle)

  Re: 8472 - a quick look

I just saw this listed at US S@H. You're right, the parts look really nice, the price doesn't. I sure hope we see some of these parts showing up in partspacks or cheaper sets soon. I know I'd LOVE to get a bunch of those trans-red bent beams to (...) (22 years ago, 18-Sep-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Has anyone found...?

I'm just looking for something a little less vulneralble to failing under accidental stress (i.e. - binding of parts), and at the same time use that same feature to be able to support much more weight as could regular chain links (not conveyor (...) (22 years ago, 18-Sep-02, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Has anyone found...?

(...) Assuming you actually mean chain and not track links then I have two idea's. You could double up the chain, using two side by side. Or Theoretically if you used larger gears the chain would (apart from being slightly longer) move faster, (...) (22 years ago, 18-Sep-02, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Has anyone found...?

A heavier duty chain that would work in the place of the current chain links Lego manufactures? -Rob (22 years ago, 18-Sep-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Best all time Technic sets poll

<<snip>> Since my Lugnet membership is in limbo awaiting fee I'll answer this way. The only two sets I can have an honest opinion about are these: 1 <set:8480 8480 Space Shuttle> 2 <set:8460 8460 Mobile Crane> Regards, /Tobbe (URL) (22 years ago, 18-Sep-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Best all time Technic sets poll

I've taken the clear 9 leaders from the nominees poll and set them in a rank poll: (URL) the best ever Technic sets from the most favorite (1) to the least favorite (9). The sets that made it to the final are: <set:8480 8480 Space Shuttle> <set:8880 (...) (22 years ago, 18-Sep-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: front wheel drive system

"Josef McLean" <vstar@iprimus.com.au> wrote in message news:H2KInz.I0H@lugnet.com... (...) a (...) (8 (...) steering (...) The only problem is that it should had contained a difrential. But that hard to get into that small drive. Lek Vel Øyvind (...) (22 years ago, 17-Sep-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Making 7u axles

For some reasons, I never have enough 5u axles, so maybe a 12u axle are best, the newer type, and a sharp scalpell, cut the axle all the way round, and just snap it off. The ends will be flatt, so the axles are perfect. No sanding reqiured since (...) (22 years ago, 18-Sep-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Making 7u axles

"William Howard" <william@howard-fami...rld.co.uk> wrote in message news:NFBBICINOLKHMIO...d.co.uk... (...) *cut* (...) As many other said here, use the axel length you have the most of. And another thing, I never ditch the ~1U axel, or ~3U (...) (22 years ago, 17-Sep-02, to lugnet.technic)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact