 Technic / *10041 (-20)
  Jamocklaquat - Mission Two Completed - Left Arm and More!

2 Hands, 2 Wrists, 2 Elbows, 2Arm Turns, 2 Upper Arm Pivots, both have Upper Arm Rotate. 4 RCX work in harmony to control the Arms. 12 motors. Check out the initial Head fit. The motion the arms achieve is smooth and life like! Egads!!!IT'S (...) (22 years ago, 23-Aug-02, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics) !

  Re: Pneumatic Engines of Yesteryear

(...) Cool, man! Keep working on it. I believe that Erin Lassley is the pioneer of this class of engines. (URL) btw, anything that runs on air power, even if blown by a human being, is pneumatic (without the s)! (22 years ago, 23-Aug-02, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Pneumatic Engines of Yesteryear

"c s soh" <cssoh@singnet.com.sg> skrev i meddelandet news:3D64C7B8.3FD533....com.sg... (...) well, though... (URL) Isaksson, Sweden BlockCAD: (2 URLs) (22 years ago, 22-Aug-02, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Building set 8040 with 5x9 plates ????

(...) (22 years ago, 22-Aug-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Building set 8040 with 5x9 plates ????

I don't know if this has been published before. Just a bit off-topic, non Technic fun.... Check out page 13 of the 8040 instructions; you have to build a shovel with the dimension 4x16 studs. Lego suggests you pick out of the box: 2 plates, each 5x9 (...) (22 years ago, 22-Aug-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: 8475

I'm pretty not happy with the steering centering myself. I can't get mine to center no matter what I do. Oh well, I only bought the set for the motors anyway. -Rob hmm...New motor...Rail Racer 2003...hmmm "Jason J Railton" <j.j.railton@ntlworld.com> (...) (22 years ago, 22-Aug-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: 8475

(...) I just want to add that I've only seen two of these, and they both had a minute problem with centering the steering. A full proportional system has a trim setting on the transmitter, since the signal is constantly sent all the time the (...) (22 years ago, 22-Aug-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Pneumatic Engines of Yesteryear

Excellent presentation! (22 years ago, 22-Aug-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Pneumatic Engines of Yesteryear

Hi pneumatic fans, Thanks to a couple of kind folks, I've been able to trace the art of building pneumatic "steam"-engines to the early days when the single acting cylinders were introduced by LEGO. Here is a page to pay tribute to these pioneer (...) (22 years ago, 22-Aug-02, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic)

  Re: New Parts

(...) Pardon the intrusion on this dead thread, but... I have a small reference image about this kind of element here: (URL) Hop-Frog (22 years ago, 20-Aug-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: The Big Lift

(...) Depends on construction technique. For my small mobile crane the construction I used meant the boom was significantly weaker than normal (bending-wise), and in fact when it failed, even though I was watching closely, it went so fast I was (...) (22 years ago, 19-Aug-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: The Big Lift

Great Crane! I am so jealous of the amount of bricks and plates you guys have. (...) That's what I keep finding. The hardest part of the crane to get strong enough tends to be the base/outriggers/crawler frames. The boom is easily strong enough. You (...) (22 years ago, 19-Aug-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: A better device for tank treads than the adder / subtractor

Dean, the clutch idea works perfectly! I make a simple drive base like the one in your post using the clutch gear, added a couple of motors, tested it using a couple of dual-switch battery boxes, then tested it with an RCX and a remote. It drives (...) (22 years ago, 18-Aug-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: The Big Lift

(...) You have to look very closely at the crane, and pay careful attention to it as the lift progresses. I first take the slack out of the lifting lines, and then reel in the line in short bursts. Slowly, but gently, the object will begin to lift. (...) (22 years ago, 17-Aug-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: The Big Lift

TJ, How do you tell when the crane is about to fail? I can only imagine how heart-breaking it would be for it to actually fail and break the crane or to break pieces. Roy (...) (22 years ago, 17-Aug-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Bionicle Toa Nuva at TRU

Just a heads up for Bionicle fans. This past Thursday, I found all 6 Toa Nuva for sale at my local TRU (Charlotte, NC). Happy hunting. Ken (22 years ago, 17-Aug-02, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.technic.bionicle)

  Re: MASSIVE Technic collection for sale

(...) Arguably the original posting should probably have been posted to lugnet.buy-sell-trade instead of being multiple posted (instead of cross posted, see the FAQ on why one is bad and the other good) to lugnet.general and lugnet.technic Please (...) (22 years ago, 17-Aug-02, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.general, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: MASSIVE Technic collection for sale

Dan, First of all are you absolutly sure you want to sell? I would bet that you, like me have been purchasing legos for our collections since adolecence. Secondly, would you except a payment plan with the goods mailed out after final payment? As for (...) (22 years ago, 17-Aug-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: MASSIVE Technic collection for sale

(...) I'll take that one! How much are you asking? =D Actually, what are your prices? I might be interested in a few things even though you have no boxes. (22 years ago, 17-Aug-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: A better device for tank treads than the adder / subtractor

Hello Fredrik, (...) I was going to use two mechanically-linked motors for the forward/back motion and a third motor for the turning motion in combonation with the adder subtractor. Fitting the second forward / reverse motor in was going to be a (...) (22 years ago, 16-Aug-02, to lugnet.technic)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact