 Storage / 803
802  |  804
Subject:
Sorting classification
Newsgroups:
lugnet.storage
Date:
Fri, 16 Feb 2001 18:28:15 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Hi,

I am quite new to LEGO collection (~5 to 6,000pcs) but something started to
bother me. I passed through the sort by color phase.

See this pictures to see the only two containers I have (so far).:

o http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=32977
o http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=32978

I am planning to get about 10 more of the one with bigger drawers.

My point now is how do I group parts. I started with this groups:

1) General Bricks: regular and rectangular bricks. I am sorting by color and
storing each one in different place. Overflow started.

2) Plates: all kinds of baseplates (even non-rectangular ones). Sort by
color. Some unusual colors (like dark green, purple and such) are stored
commonly. Overflow started.

4) Minifig acessories: all kinds of radios, hats, kaps, guns, etc. All in
one place. Overflow started.

5) Specialty parts: slick plates with drawings (like maps, money, etc.), 1x1
transparent round plates, cone-shaped bricks, antennas, flags, etc. One
small place. Not overflown yet.

6) Spacy parts: turbines, wings, flaps, etc. One big place. Not overflown
yet.

7) Town parts: windows, trees, flowers, glasses, etc. One big place. No more
space availabe.

9) Axles. One small drawer. No more space available.

I need ideas desperatedly. I have two big acquires waiting to be sorted and
SETs to be disassambled.

Thanks for any idea.

--
Felipe G. Coury