 Storage / 1586
  Tape

Hi there I was wondering if anyone could offer some advice on how to safely remove masking tape and packing tape from old lego boxes? I seem able to remove the tape without tearing but am left with a layer of extreamly sticky stuff - anyone got any (...) (18 years ago, 26-Jul-06, to lugnet.storage)

  Re: Tape

(...) Freezing it may make it loose its stickiness, but you would have to keep the cardboard dry to stop it getting soggy when its defrosted. Danny (18 years ago, 26-Jul-06, to lugnet.storage)

  Re: Tape

(...) Thanks for the tip - unfortunately the box is bigger than my freezer! at the moment i am trying to remove it using acetone (nail varnish remover). It is working but is very slow as i don't want it to soak into the box so i'm being very (...) (18 years ago, 28-Jul-06, to lugnet.storage)

  Re: Tape

(...) Anna, I neglected to offer this solution at first, because any "liquid" cleaner could potentially ruin your box, but since you have gone the acetone route, which is fairly harsh, even when trying to be slow and careful... I would instead (...) (18 years ago, 28-Jul-06, to lugnet.storage)