 Storage / 1589
Re: Tape
Newsgroups:
lugnet.storage
Date:
Fri, 28 Jul 2006 13:29:42 GMT

In lugnet.storage, Anna Porter wrote:
In lugnet.storage, Danny Staple wrote:

Freezing it may make it loose its stickiness, but you would have to
keep the cardboard dry to stop it getting soggy when its defrosted.

Danny

Thanks for the tip - unfortunately the box is bigger than my freezer!  at the
moment i am trying to remove it using acetone (nail varnish remover).  It is
working but is very slow as i don't want it to soak into the box so i'm being
very careful.  I have now made a very strong promise to myself never ever to
stick a lego box closed with masking tape!

Thanks again

Anna

Anna, I neglected to offer this solution at first, because any "liquid" cleaner
could potentially ruin your box, but since you have gone the acetone route,
which is fairly harsh, even when trying to be slow and careful...

I would instead suggest a product called "Goo Gone" instead.  Its much more of a
gentle product to remove gummy substances and available at most hardware or
larger super markets.

http://www.magicamerican.com/googone.shtml

Janey "No stick, Red Brick"