 Storage / 1400
Re: How do you store your instructions?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.storage, lugnet.general
Date:
Sun, 28 Mar 2004 20:56:10 GMT

I have big 3-inch binders which are loaded with plastic sleeves. Each theme has
it's own binder. I then organize them by size, with the smallest in
photo-sleeves, then up through full size.

Here is one: <http://www.aoerat.com/lego/images/storage/instructions.jpg>

I do have 2 problems with this setup, however:

1) Half-size instructions. I don't have any plastic sleeves that are split
horizontally, so all my half-size instructions go into a full size. This makes
the whole binder "bottom-heavy" and it gets quite unbalanced (you can see this
in the photo above). Does anyone know if they sell horizontally-divided plastic
sleeves?

2) Full-size instructions. As everyone knows, Lego instructions use the european
paper scale, so all my full-size instructions stick out (you can see this in the
photo above). Invietably they get nicked and ripped because of this. I suppose
the solution is to buy everything in euro-sizes, but that means I'd have to buy
all my binders and plastic sleeves over again in a different size.

A poster above mentioned some A[x] sizes, does anyone have a link to some sort
of chart so I can visualize those?

Mike