 Storage / 1205
Re: Get Rid of Dust on Lego Displays Campain (GRODOLD)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.storage
Date:
Mon, 7 Oct 2002 17:36:56 GMT

"Jeremy Scott" <Copyright@cox.net> writes:
[...]
I daringly took the vacume to my Lego models.  I was very scared - especialy
when a Scout Trooper from my Ewok battle got sucked up.  I was thankfully
able to save him becuase he was big but who knows if my daredevil resolution
will result in the future loss of Lego...
[...]

I know the feeling.  I don't vacuum my models often, but I have done
it once or twice.

The risk of vacuuming up LEGO elements is always high even when you
are just cleaning the floors.  So for this reason I will not permit a
vacuum bag to be thrown away until I have sliced it open (outside) and
pawed through the dust, looking for wayward LEGO parts.  I don't
usually find any, but sometimes I do, and sometimes it's a hard-to-
replace piece.

Most of my models don't live long enough to develop a lot of dust.
When they do, I disassemble them into a bin of soapy water, and wash
them thoroughly before sorting them back into my storage containers.

--Bill.

        Consistency is not really a human trait.
                         --Maude (from the film "Harold & Maude")