 Storage / 1198
Re: Get Rid of Dust on Lego Displays Campain (GRODOLD)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.storage
Date:
Sat, 5 Oct 2002 12:59:48 GMT

In lugnet.general, Jeremy Scott writes:
Howdy!

Today was cleaning day - my oh so favorite day of the month where I do
everything from edge cleaning to magazine organizing.  Anyway, my 10019 was
very dusty, as well as many other of my display models and MOC's.  I have
always delt with the dust by leaving it alone and allowing it to build up
until the day that model hits the bin.  However, today was different, I
realized how much I hate that dust.  I hate how it makes my beautiful
displays look gross.  So I did something about it.

I daringly took the vacume to my Lego models.  I was very scared - especialy
when a Scout Trooper from my Ewok battle got sucked up.  I was thankfully
able to save him becuase he was big but who knows if my daredevil resolution
will result in the future loss of Lego...

That is why I am posting this.  How do you get all that dust off of your
display pieces?  I am looking for resolutions which are easily done with
common household items, like vacumes.  I know some people avoid the problem
by buying expensive cases and others use expensive pressurized air cans,
which is fine, but I want to hear of solutions that can be done with common
household items.

So, press the "Reply" button and submit your cleaning habits to the GET RID
OF DUST ON LEGO DISPLAYS (GRODOLD) Campain!

Just Me,
Jeremy

XFUT .storage

I use Swiffer/Pledge Grab-it cloths. They do a great job and get in between
studs quite easily. Plus they are non-abbrasive (no scratches).

Jude