 Storage / *1600 (-5)
Re: My latest LEGO room in order
Newsgroups:
lugnet.storage
Date:
Thu, 19 Apr 2007 23:51:21 GMT

In lugnet.storage, James Trobaugh wrote:
   After moving into my new house almost a year ago I finally got my LEGO room in order. Its a 10x20 room in my basement, and yes I have to share it with a HVAC unit & water heater but I take the space where I can find it.

It does give me plenty of room for storage and building space. Of course I’ve already filled it up with no room for more LEGO, but I’m sure I can find the room if needed.

That’s a really fine looking Lego room. I’m most definitely jealous of it.

Tim

Subject:
My latest LEGO room in order
Newsgroups:
lugnet.storage, lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 19 Apr 2007 23:49:45 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

After moving into my new house almost a year ago I finally got my LEGO room in order. Its a 10x20 room in my basement, and yes I have to share it with a HVAC unit & water heater but I take the space where I can find it.

It does give me plenty of room for storage and building space. Of course I’ve already filled it up with no room for more LEGO, but I’m sure I can find the room if needed.

Subject:
me saa dumb dumb-- dumped my brick/plate modified---oops
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.storage
Date:
Tue, 20 Mar 2007 13:29:07 GMT

wow do i feel like jar jar binks at the moment. i fell asleap last night with my
brick/plate modified plano bin on my bed. this wasn't intentional as i kinda
passed out but when i woke up i found it on the floor,  DOH!  luckly? it didin't
end up upside down but there's a good amount on the floor and more in slots
where they don't belong. oh well i guess it's a learning experince.

anyone else have something like this happen recently?

ondrew<-- sorting yet again =)

Subject:
Speed Build Competition (and sorting & steam)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.announce, lugnet.events, lugnet.people, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.build, lugnet.storage, lugnet.trains
Date:
Fri, 16 Mar 2007 16:43:27 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

Jon Rasmussen, who has been in PNLTC and its offspring clubs for about 10 years
now and who is a very active builder in Wild West, among other themes, is still
a lurker here on Lugnet.  So I'm posting this stuff for him. :)

Jon will be hosting the Speed Build!
Saturday, March 31, 3:00 p.m.(Time subject to change without notice)

Come and compete with some of the slickest speed builders on the planet.  We
will be building one of the current small Racers sets.  The exact set will be
announced Frida, March 30th, during the Opening Ceremonies.  You may then
purchase th set at the Lego store which will be open exclusively to BrickFest
attendees from 10:00 pm to 1:00 am that night.  If you think you are up to the
challenge, come and see how fast the bricks will fly!

Jon will also be hosting this Panel Discussion:
Topic:  Well-Running Steam Engines
Come and interact with some of the greatest Lego steam train builders in the
world.  This will be an exciting give-and-take session with some of the keenest
minds when it comes to building a well-running steam engine.  So if you are a
trainhead at all, this will be a session NOT to miss!

And Jon will be hosting a Round Table Discussion
Topic:  Strategies on Sorting
This will be an opportunity to brainstorm with other Lego enthusiasts on
different methods and philosophies of sorting bricks.  Come and be ready to
share the ideas that have worked for you!  (This is always a really fun and
exciting discussion!)  YOU WON'T WANT TO MISS THIS ONE!!!

Editor's (Matt's) note on the Round Table Discussion:  This discussion happens
every year at NWBrickCon and Rick Clark always tries to hijack it to his sorting
method which I can't even remember (something about zip lock bags).  Anyway, all
true and excellent sorting practices, as everyone should know by now, start with
Matt's Mushroom Bins (http://www.auctionbrick.com/mchiles/shroombins/) so come
and help keep this discussion on track!

And don't forget to check out Matt's Shroom Bins while you are at BrickFest - we
have a brand new Jumbo size that will be introduced there!

-Matt :)
(for Jon)
www.brickfest.com - only 2 weeks away!

Subject:
Sales at Menard's
Newsgroups:
lugnet.storage
Date:
Sun, 8 Oct 2006 13:07:43 GMT

For those of you who live in a state with a Menard's store, they have the
following sales through October 15:

18 drawer cabinet - $9 (regular $11)
4"X8" pocket stowaway, 6 compartment - $1 (regular $2)

I know that a lot of people use the 18 drawer cabinets, and you can't find new
ones any cheaper than $9.

David

Redisplay Messages:  Brief | Compact