 Star Wars / 9987
Re: Alternate Model for 7130 Snowspeeder: ATST
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Tue, 28 Nov 2000 16:52:00 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Jason J. Railton writes:

That's brilliant!  (Damn, he beat me to it).  And to have room for a minifig
is impressive.  Where's your website then?  Come on, we all want to see it!

Thanks for the praise!  I went through several configurations before I got
something that worked, and while I was tempted to use other pieces from my
collection I was determined to make a true alternate.  It ate up an
otherwise boring Saturday afternoon.

I must admit your (or should I say Claudes?) alternate models were an
inspiration to me in my moments of temptation... <G>  How you ever saw a TIE
Interceptor in there I'll never know... but you did and it looks great.

as for my website... it's quite outdated, I haven't updated it since May...
http://hobartrus.freeservers.com/lego/sw/

I'm planning a major overhaul to be up any day now... unfortunately I may
need to change servers as freeservers seems to have "frozen" my site for
some reason (I can't upload or delete anything.)  If you visit the site,
ignore all of the "visit the sponsors" junk... that was my lame attempt at
making money from my site back when I still had a crappy job.

I just love this set.  I've threatened build/mecha that I was going to build
a mech from a Snowspeeder, but now it seems a bit of a waste of time.  That
one's too good.  I want to expand my Snowspeeder alternatives though.  How
about a challenge?  Name a Star Wars vehicle to be built from a single
Snowspeeder set!  Best one wins.... Nothing!

Jason.
http://www.joefish.cwc.net/

hmmm... I don't think an A-Wing's ever been done, but shouldn't be too hard.
A Y-Wing would be an interesting challenge though...  I've gotta buy more
Snowspeeders first though... I only own three and they're all in use...

-Bryan