 Star Wars / 9837
Re: Local TRU Not going to carry new star wars sets?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Fri, 17 Nov 2000 15:30:36 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Ronald Wells writes:

Hey everyone, I was at my local TRU yesterday and was asking about the new
starwars sets and when they would have them.  He said "we won't have those
sets" when I asked why he said that the starwars sets had "flopped like a
pancake" (whatever) and they weren't going to carry the new sets.  I would
have thought that the starwars sets were doing very well, does anyone out
there know anything different?  I'm hoping this guy didn't know what the
heck he was talking about, but if not i'm worried that lego will slow down
or stop the starwars line.

I can't imagine that was anything other than a clueless employee.  About the
only way that SW Lego could be considered a "flop" is in relation to the
first month or so when it was sold out everywhere.  It certainly sells as
well or better than the rest of the Lego product lines.  They've just been
making more of it.

In any case, does anyone have any idea when the new sets will be available?
I'm itching to get my hands on them!!

Apparantly someone has seen them in Florida.  Mid-novemeber is about the
time that they typically start showing up.

James