 Star Wars / 9691
  Re: next year

(...) Trantor was the name of the totally urbanized planet in Foundation. Trantor was also capital of the Galactic Empire, another concept found in Star Wars. Actually, now that I think about it, the Jedi and the Sith are a little like the two (...) (24 years ago, 4-Nov-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: next year

(...) No, sorry, the capital of the Galactic Empire was Coruscant. (24 years ago, 4-Nov-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: next year

(...) was (...) Trantor was the capital of the Galactic Empire in the Foundation series, not Star Wars. I should have been more clear. I was trying to say that the concept of a Galactic Empire is something common to both Foundation and SW. I doubt (...) (24 years ago, 4-Nov-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: next year

On galactic empires generally, E.E. "Doc" Smith is often mentioned as the guy who took sf out of the solar system. Try to imagine a more provincial time, before anyone had yet launched a rocket, when an IBM typewriter was cutting edge technology, (...) (24 years ago, 4-Nov-00, to lugnet.starwars)