 Star Wars / 9083
    Re: Padme Naberrie —Dave Schuler
   (...) Actually, the Force is fundamental to the plot of the original trilogy and also (likely) to the prequels. However, it wasn't used simply to explain away shortcomings in the plot, characterization, or dialogue (which have, by the way, been my (...) (24 years ago, 26-Sep-00, to lugnet.starwars)

        Re: Padme Naberrie —Eric Joslin
   (...) If viewers do, then what? Just curious. To me, it seems to be the same kind of situation as you mention in RotJ. But, as I said, it's a little clearer in RotJ that Vader *is* using the Force and *isn't* just saying something that is true, not (...) (24 years ago, 26-Sep-00, to lugnet.starwars)

        Re: Padme Naberrie —Dave Schuler
   (...) Do we have any indication of what those were actually supposed to be? I mean, they looked cool, but what function did they serve in the running of the Naboo Palace? Dave! (24 years ago, 26-Sep-00, to lugnet.starwars)

        Re: Padme Naberrie —Eric Joslin
   (...) Heh heh. No. Funny true story: Harrison Ford sat down in the cockpit of the Millenuim Falcon for the first time and said "Hey! This is great! Now, uh, how do I fly this?" and all Lucas basically said "uh, you push the buttons and flip the (...) (24 years ago, 26-Sep-00, to lugnet.starwars)

        Re: Padme Naberrie —Steve Bliss
   (...) At least Harrison Ford could pull off 'push the buttons and flip the levers' convincingly. Unlike a certain young actor, portraying a podracer pilot. I swear Lucas reran the same footage every time Anakin flipped the toggles on his podracer's (...) (24 years ago, 27-Sep-00, to lugnet.starwars)

        Re: Padme Naberrie —Dave Schuler
   (...) There again we see Lucas' poor skills of character direction. Granted, Vader presents some pretty big shoes to fill, especially for such a young, untested actor, but this is all the more reason that George should have been more conscious of (...) (24 years ago, 27-Sep-00, to lugnet.starwars)

        Re: Padme Naberrie —Eric Joslin
   (...) Yeah. I like that George is on the helm because I think he has a stunning imagination, and his visualisation of effects shots and dynamic storytelling are incredible- so having him be the ultimate authority as far as what goes into the movie (...) (24 years ago, 27-Sep-00, to lugnet.starwars)