 Star Wars / 9056
Re: Millenium Falcon (7190) questions
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Sun, 24 Sep 2000 16:51:26 GMT

[trimmed to lugnet.starwars]

In lugnet.loc.au, Richard Parsons writes:

Haven't actually seen one of these in the ABS yet, I can't seem to find a
detailed review of it over in .starwars, and I'm getting all keen and
hyperactive.

What is the deal with the underside - is it flat, or have they used the
inverse saucer pieces as per one of the aquanauts(?) sets?

G'day Richard,

The underside is made of 4 inverted saucer sections, but it
still has a pretty large flat area.

The review someone posted a link to here is pretty much right on
(note you need to fix the spelling error in "adequate" to get
to the site).

For my part, I would reinforce the point that the landing gear
are pretty crumby.  Difficult to install, and love to get knocked
off.

I also find the internal design to be a "LEGO deathtrap".  By that
I mean there are all kinds of internal areas that you can drop
pieces into during construction.  If they won't rattle back out,
you need to dismantle major structure.  That wouldn't be so bad
if they eventually got covered up when the model is completed.
But the gaps remain, and any minifig accessory is just about
bound to get lost inside the structure.  I think that issue
makes for pretty shoddy design.

KDJ
Kyle D. Jackson, LUGNETer #203, Windsor, Ontario, Canada