 Local / Australia / 3060
Re: Millenium Falcon (7190) questions
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.starwars
Date:
Mon, 25 Sep 2000 02:13:59 GMT

Richard Parsons wrote in message ...

Haven't actually seen one of these in the ABS yet, I can't seem to find a
detailed review of it over in .starwars, and I'm getting all keen and
hyperactive.

I decided that I'd comment seeing as one of the links that Bradley gave
didn't work (for me, anyway).... and of course I love to comment ;-)

What is the deal with the underside - is it flat, or have they used the
inverse saucer pieces as per one of the aquanauts(?) sets?

They do use inverse saucer pieces, four of them in light grey, and very nice
they are too.

And have there been any Sydney sightings beyond the Penrith TRU (thanks • Peter)?

I've only seen it in Melb at TRU, so I'd be surprised if anyone saw it
anywhere alse soon. How many TRU stores are there in Sydney?
Will someone be bring one to LegOz, or should I cart mine up there?

While I am not a grand fan of the way the set looks in the lego.com pics, • it
looks like a worthy collection of pieces.  A Port Block refit will • definitely
be in order.

The Sith Infiltrator been praised for its abundance of grey plates, but the
MF contains a comparable number of _even_bigger_ grey plates.
If (when?) this set goes on clearance it will be the new GPSP (not to
mention a cottage industry of eBay Chewies, Leias and Threepios ;-).

As for the design, well, having had first-hand knowledge of your penchant
for "perfecting" TLG's designs, Richard, you have your work cut out for you.
There are a LOT of red and blue bricks in the structure, the cockpit passage
is nonexistent, and from the side its proportions are entirely wrong - it's
way too tall compared to its length and breadth. Those "flaws" aside,
though, I reckon it's a good effort considering the practical limitations
the designers were almost certainly faced with.

Actually, come to think of it, looking over at the shelf with an N1, two • Ys,
an X and two snows all having been refitted, and looking forward to an MF, • one
wonders whether the Port Block Shipyard (future style) gets its own web
page.....

Space? Richard's building _Space_? "We are Space. You will be assimilated."
Muahahahahaaaaa.......

Cheers,
Paul
LUGNET member 164