 Star Wars / 9013
Re: Check this out! LEGO Star Wars Galactic Challenge World Championship
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Thu, 21 Sep 2000 10:29:12 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Bryan Hodges writes:
In lugnet.starwars, Adam Murtha writes:
Check out that link!

http://www.starwars.com/episode-i/news/2000/38/news2a.html

Some sweet prizes there.

It's too bad that contest isn't open to AFOLs... a trip to Denmark, a preview
of the new sets, and a life-size Lego Star Wars model of their choice signed
by George Lucas!  What AFOL wouldn't kill for that?

I wonder if you can get a life-size Lego model of an X-Wing... :)  The site
doesn't specifically say character (though I'm sure that's what they mean...)
if it were me I'd ask for a model of the Death Star... <G>  The ultimate
service pack for grey pieces... of course, it would have to be constructed in
orbit, being that it is the size of a small moon... ;)

Well, if we're constrained to characters the obvious one to ask for would be
the monster that lived at the bottom of the sand pit. He was huge. If
characters that had speaking roles, go with Jabba The Hut of course, as that
will get you the most bricks (in lots of good earthy colors). I'd stipulate NO
GLUE. :-)

As for this quote:

And, the two winners receive the prestigious title of "Best LEGO Builder in
the Galaxy!"

I'm not sure I'd agree. Even if I rule myself out. :-)

++Lar