 Star Wars / 9017
Re: Check this out! LEGO Star Wars Galactic Challenge World Championship
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Thu, 21 Sep 2000 14:41:14 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Dave Schuler writes:
In lugnet.starwars, Larry Pieniazek writes:

Well, if we're constrained to characters the obvious one to ask for would be
the monster that lived at the bottom of the sand pit. He was huge.

How big was the asteroid-worm thing?

Bigger! I forgot about that one. IIRC this guy was much larger in diameter
than the MF (1) and about 20-200 times its own diameter in length. Life Size??
It would take a month's production of gray bricks to make him, I suspect.

1 - recall the scene where the MF flys out of its gullet and you can see
clearly that the head of the monster is a lot bigger than the MF when it snaps
shut on vacuum. That was right after the MF flew out between the teeth which
looked like mountains. If we postulate a MFig scale MFalc (that is, scaled
down a bit the way that the LEGO MF was) that helps some but... make that 3
months worth of gray 3 of dark grey and 1 of brown. (2)

2 - meaning that this might actually be TOO big of a prize for one person to
handle winning. I mean, are you prepared to rent a warehouse the size of
cleveland?

++Lar