 Star Wars / 8624
  Re: Possible ATST woes

(...) huge (...) Not necessarily... In fact, with the click-hinges, it's possible to make working legs with less pieces than the "shifting/sliding" ones. This is what I expect: The foot will be the landing pad plate used in the rock-raiders. (1 (...) (24 years ago, 13-Aug-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Possible ATST woes

I have to disagree mr Nassar, I have built quite a couple of AT-ST models myself and there is no way that the click-hinges are strong enough to keep the head up. Maybe when you use 2 side by side but that would make the legs too thick and it would (...) (24 years ago, 13-Aug-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Possible ATST woes

(...) Jay, I think you are wrong. Actually I know you have to be wrong, since my new "Locust IIC" got nothing but 2 click-hinges to keep the head up (one click- hinge for each leg), and the hinges are doing a fine job. Primus BuS ComStar LEGO (...) (24 years ago, 13-Aug-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Possible ATST woes

(...) Mr. Cal... I'm going to have to contradict you here... The first thing I did when I heard about the $10 ATST was a little experiment. I built one exactly as I suggested and it certainly does stand up. It looks like crap, but it stands up. If (...) (24 years ago, 13-Aug-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Possible ATST woes

(...) For all we know that price could have been a wholesale price. (24 years ago, 13-Aug-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Possible ATST woes

(...) Jorge made it clear that this information was open to Target customers... No store wants their wholesale pricing (ie cost) to be available to their customers! I belive that he clearly stated that it was the retail price. --Karim (24 years ago, 14-Aug-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Possible ATST woes

(...) The way to answer that is to get jorge to go back to the machine and get the price on a set that is on the shelf. Then we will know for certain. (24 years ago, 14-Aug-00, to lugnet.starwars)