 Star Wars / 8605
  Re: Concerns with Racial Attitudes and Lego

(...) Yes, but that was because minifigs, macrofigs, or any type of figs didn't exist then. At least for me. :-O (...) Here is the crux of the problem. The lack of diversity in minifigs IS a political message. You may agree with that message, you (...) (24 years ago, 11-Aug-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Concerns with Racial Attitudes and Lego

(...) and (...) I think the contrast between System minifigs and Duplo figs is important. Having Duplo figs with different flesh tones and different sizes reinforces for kids the importance of diversity. People are different colours and adults are (...) (24 years ago, 14-Aug-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Concerns with Racial Attitudes and Lego

In lugnet.starwars, David Low writes: (snipping intersting comments that stand fine without need of further comments from me) (...) yellow (...) are (...) I'm not convinced their needs to be a DSM (I'm just using the term out of convenience, BTW) (...) (24 years ago, 14-Aug-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Concerns with Racial Attitudes and Lego

(...) Uh, it's worth pointing out that the "yellow represents all races" thing is *not* the official TLC line. It's something that people have said to attempt to explain the fact that there are only yellow minifigs. eric (24 years ago, 14-Aug-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Concerns with Racial Attitudes and Lego

(...) going (...) Yes, I questioned this earlier in this topic (quoting myself): "I have never seen ANYTHING from Lego that explains that this is their policy. Not here. Not on rec.toys.lego. Not in any of their sets. Not on their website. Not in (...) (24 years ago, 14-Aug-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Concerns with Racial Attitudes and Lego

(...) Right, and that's a good reason to keep it. This reminds me of the time when I was introduced to my arranged bride-to-be (my wedding day, of course). Apparently, the dowry her parents could offer was meager, but she said she would go out and (...) (24 years ago, 14-Aug-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Concerns with Racial Attitudes and Lego

(...) Eric, I seriously doubt that the yellow minifig is as repulsive as domestic violence. I think you cheapen your argument by reacting in that way to Bruce's assessment of TLC's position (as I understand his comments). That's TLC's position, not (...) (24 years ago, 15-Aug-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  What would a kid think? (Re: Concerns with Racial Attitudes and Lego)

(...) David, I don't think it was 100% crystal clear that Eric wasn't being serious. If I didn't know Eric, and I didn't know that he wasn't married, and I didn't know that he was a swell guy anyway who would never advocate domestic violence, I (...) (24 years ago, 15-Aug-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.off-topic.debate)