 Star Wars / 8540
    Re: Where Brooklyn at? (Was: racial politics, black pack, etc.) —Eric Joslin
   (...) I agree with this wholeheartedly. I was looking forward to having both a helmet and a backpack piece from Boba Fett, able to be used seperately. (...) Hmm. Ok. I have to find that other post first, though, so I can remember everything I (...) (24 years ago, 8-Aug-00, to lugnet.starwars)

        Re: Where Brooklyn at? (Was: racial politics, black pack, etc.) —Damien Nesbit
      Judging from our posts to this thread, I'm finding that we really agree on most of the points of this issue, a relief for sure because i was getting really depressed about some of the viewpoints that were expressed on this issue by lugnetters. But (...) (24 years ago, 8-Aug-00, to lugnet.starwars)

         Re: Where Brooklyn at? (Was: racial politics, black pack, etc.) —Scott Edward Sanburn
      Damien, I really don't want to reply to this thread, but it seems to me that this whole race issue is being blown to the infinite amount of distortion on this thread. I will let TLC decide whether or not to make DSM's or whatever politically correct (...) (24 years ago, 8-Aug-00, to lugnet.starwars)

         Re: Where Brooklyn at? (Was: racial politics, black pack, etc.) —Bruce Schlickbernd
     (...) Except the first movie, where finding a non-european face is almost impossible. I think this happened in part because it was shot (mostly) in England, but Lucas was roundly criticized for it. Bruce (24 years ago, 9-Aug-00, to lugnet.starwars)

         Re: Where Brooklyn at? (Was: racial politics, black pack, etc.) —Damien Nesbit
     (...) be (...) Yeah, Bruce, you're certainly right. I watched ep 4 again two nights ago and the only black person that I counted was an extra in the mos eisley scenes. apparently, though Lucas wised up. thank god. ---D. (24 years ago, 11-Aug-00, to lugnet.starwars)

        Re: Where Brooklyn at? (Was: racial politics, black pack, etc.) —David Low
   (...) As far as I can tell human "race" is as meaningless in the SW universe as it is in Legoland. There are plenty of references to the differences between alien species and humans, and even some references to different human cultures, but there's (...) (24 years ago, 9-Aug-00, to lugnet.starwars)

        Re: Where Brooklyn at? (Was: racial politics, black pack, etc.) —Jason Maxwell
   (...) I get a much different feel about Chewie, but I think I've been influenced by the books where (not surprisingly) his back story and character are covered in more depth. (...) I didn't have the hate for Jar-Jar as most people did, though he (...) (24 years ago, 9-Aug-00, to lugnet.starwars)

        Re: Where Brooklyn at? (Was: racial politics, black pack, etc.) —Lindsay Frederick Braun
    (...) Wait a second...AT-ST? Are we going to see minifig Ewoks? best LFB (24 years ago, 9-Aug-00, to lugnet.starwars)