 Star Wars / 8523
Re: 2001 Set info
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.starwars
Date:
Tue, 8 Aug 2000 00:01:32 GMT

Hi!

Mark Sandlin schrieb:
Well, here we go again.
I've never complained about scale. I understand that the proportions of the
minifig make this kind of a moot point.
Okay, the 'scale' issue wasn't appropiate at this point, but there were
so many posts about it in the last few month that I couldn't resist to
mention it :-)

The XWing, Snowspeeder, TIE, Y-wing, Speeder Bikes, etc. were all good sets.
I think Lego did an excellent job on the design and the size.
The Mf has 3 times the parts of the Snowspeeder, but costs 5 times as much,
and it's a pretty sad rendition, IMO.
The MF is much too expensive for sure. I hope they don't think that they
can charge more for 'most wanted' sets than for the 'normal' sets...

All I want is for Lego to live up to the bar that they raised _themselves_,
not give us some good sets and some crappy ones. Saying "Hey it's just a
toy" is a cop-out.
Hmm, if I look at other toys it's quite similiar: I collect McFarlane
figures and there are some I simply don't like and I would never buy
them (both original creations and action figures from movies or comics).
Everyone has his favourite sets and all the other set must stand up to
these. I don't think the MF is THE best Star Wars LEGO set, but I think
there are a few thousand people who think so :-)

CU,
Stefan

--
Stefan Eilert    -> seilert@uos.de