 General / 20829
Re: 2001 Set info
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.starwars
Date:
Mon, 7 Aug 2000 02:08:04 GMT

Well, here we go again.

I've never complained about scale. I understand that the proportions of the
minifig make this kind of a moot point.

The XWing, Snowspeeder, TIE, Y-wing, Speeder Bikes, etc. were all good sets.
I think Lego did an excellent job on the design and the size.

The Mf has 3 times the parts of the Snowspeeder, but costs 5 times as much,
and it's a pretty sad rendition, IMO.

All I want is for Lego to live up to the bar that they raised _themselves_,
not give us some good sets and some crappy ones. Saying "Hey it's just a
toy" is a cop-out.

~Mark
--
Mark's Lego Creations
http://www.nwlink.com/~sandlin/lego

From: "Gerry Venteicher" <MRBEAR569@aol.com>
Newsgroups: lugnet.general,lugnet.starwars
Date: Sun, 6 Aug 2000 14:56:16 GMT
Subject: Re: 2001 Set info

In lugnet.general, Karim Nassar writes:
In lugnet.general, Mark Sandlin writes:

Yeah. They'd charge us way more. Like the MF. :^D

True, but my point was that they could easily put together an ATST set that • had
less than 100 pieces and sell it for $10.  It would look like crap, but,
then,
so do the A-wing and Slave1.

--Karim
I am going to have to differ with you guys on the lego models looking like
crap.  For the price we fans pay they are great looking models.  If Lego
catered more to the Star Wars Purist sets would start at $50.00 and go up from
there.  The A-wing is one of my favorites so far.  It is a fun TOY.  I think
that is what we all seem to forget.
Thanks,
Gerry