 Star Wars / 817
Re: new trailer - A MUST SEE
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Tue, 16 Mar 1999 10:38:23 GMT

On Mon, 15 Mar 1999 16:48:04 GMT, "Justin M. Kopp" <jmkopp@projsolutions.com>
wrote:

Steve Bliss wrote:

On Sun, 14 Mar 1999 03:41:30 GMT, legoverse@geocities.com (Terry K)
wrote:

1. Feature Presentation: " Wing Commander"
Another ho-hum science fiction flick.  About the best thing I can say about it
is that it was not as bad as Lost In Space.

Wasn't that the computer game with Mark Hamill?

Steve

Sure was/is.  I still have floppies of Wing Commander 1 and 2 as well as
Wing Commander:Privateer.  3 and 4 moved towards being Interactive
Moivies, with Mark Hamil(1) doing a lead voice.  (i think this is better
than Carrie Fishers(2) role in Austin Powers)  Lost in space was just
horrible...hopefully this will be a bit better, Though the compliment of
lead actors is a little weak..

--Justin

The only computer game that I have liked Mark Hamill in would be Lucas Arts'
"Full Throttle".  Never would have guessed it without seeing the credits.
Lost in Space was horrible.  Wing Commander isn't a whole lot better, though it
is not quite as embarassingly stupid as LiS.
The presence of absence of good lead actors is not that important - what is
important is to have a good story and capable direction to transfer the story
to film.  Which is where so many movies fail.  In the credits, Wing Commander
is shown as being written by (I think) the same guy who wrote the story for the
video games.  Which I initially saw as a positive sign.  He also has directing
credit - at which point I subvocalized a "uh-oh".    I predict this movie will
disappear fairly quickly from theatres.

(1)First instance of SW content(3)
(2)Second instance
(3) that was the first time i ever used a footnote.

Need to work on your form.  ;-)   (wink)
Graded exam will be in a week.

-- Terry K --