 Star Wars / 7830
7829  |  7831
Subject:
On future Lego Star Wars minifigs...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Mon, 12 Jun 2000 13:36:32 GMT

I remember reading here somewhere that Lego does in fact have plans to do an
Imperial series for the 2001 Star Wars line up, and along that note here's a
thought.  I got a MF set from Toys R Us last week, and it had the typical
cartoon at the end of the instructions.  The interesting thing is that the
crew of included minifigs were being attacked by classic Stormtroopers
(bunches of 'em) who had been done in proper Lego fashion.  This is the newest
set (i.e. closest to the 2001 releases) and none of the previous sets with
comic instructions have classic Stormtroopers (rather they use Biker Scouts).
Given the development and to-the-shelf delay of about six months we expect
from most toy companies, it is my humble belief that this is a sneek peek at
something to look forward to for the next catalog.  I will officially state
here that I BELIEVE that Lego will be making a set (or more) with at least two
Stormtroopers in the $8 to $12 range.  Anyone else care to speculate or guess?
I think if Lego can get away with an Eeopie (?) on the mass market, they could
at least make a Dewback.  Or, heck, a Tauntaun.  But that is a whole different
subject...
Aaron (taking a break from building)