 Star Wars / 7749
Re: ok, lets play this again, what sets should we see in November
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Thu, 8 Jun 2000 10:17:57 GMT

Josh Opotzner wrote:

It would be *really* cool if, when they release the normal
TIE, they have two TIES in one set for $30.  Maybe two normal TIE
fighters...or more reasonably a TIE and a TIE Intercepter.

Two ships would probably make it a $50 set. Two regular TIEs would be
awesome (I for one would love that set), but more likely it'd be a set with
a TIE + TIE Interceptor/Bomber. Also, the mandatory hangar stuff.

They have essentially run out of rebel craft
to produce, unless they want to get wierd and start making sets like the V-
Wing.

Did you see my other post?

Here's a direct quote from a Lego representative:

"We will also launch improved models, the first one coming to the market
later this year."

Given that all models can be improved on, it's pretty much an open issue
which models she was talking about... Perhaps a regular TIE would count as
an improved TIE/advanced...

I still guess that they'll keep the regular stormtroopers on hold until
2001... If not, why bundle Chewie with biker scouts (which we all have too
many of anyway...)?

As for Outriders & similar fringe ships, they're perfect for MOCing, but
makes no sense from a business perspective, making it very unlikely that
Lego would do them before they've run out of just about everything else.

T.
--> thomas weigle  |  w.i.m.p.
    web: http://www.ya-ba.net/
  .iMMersE your soUL in LOVE.