 Star Wars / 763
Re: SW at LIC in Orlando
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Fri, 12 Mar 1999 07:52:46 GMT

On Wed, 10 Mar 1999 01:10:54 GMT, John Neal <johnneal@uswest.net>
wrote:

All Hail Larry!

Larritarians of Minnesooda rejoice for Larry has smiled upon us!!!  Larry comes to
Minneapolis for a consulting job, and the SW arrived today at the MOA LIC.
Coincidence?  I think not....;)

Felix Greco wrote:

LIC in Orlando has all of the Star Wars sets, and plenty of them.  They said
they went on the shelves Thursday.  So it shouldn't be long before they hit the
shelves everywhere.

Your Pal,

Felix
Nothing against Larry but I think it is just a coincidence, or barring
that a conspiracy because when I get my Star Wars Lego today I didn't
see any of the Train stuff they normally have, so if we thank for Star
Wars do we blame him Trains?  (no I didn't ask what they did with the
trains, should have but this was a quick purchase and run visit not a
browsing visit).

To the real point of this post though, got four of the five sets (they
had already run out of the Y-Wing/Tie Fighter set) including the last
Speeder Bike set they had out.  Impressions overall liked X-Wing the
best followed by the Snowspeeder,  then the Speeder Bike and lastly
the Landspeeder.   I'll wait to rate the Y-Wing/ Tie fighter set until
I get one.  The X-Wing really captures the "feel" of what it should be
very well.  I need more of these, many more I think but that is for
later preferably on sale (like everyone less expensive=more sets).
The Landspeeder set I will get more of just for the parts unlike the
X-Wing which is more in the build and keep category...

Anyways, its late, I'm ill and starting to ramble so I will end this
here.
Later, Mike