 Star Wars / 7567
  Re: Another one of those 'what's wrong with TPM' posts

(...) That depends. If you want to "juice up" the efficiency of turning food into energy, do you go to your doctor for a quick shot of mitochondria? No? If you want to be smarter, can you just put some neurons in a syringe and launch them into your (...) (24 years ago, 1-Jun-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Another one of those 'what's wrong with TPM' posts

(...) **snip** (...) I was making a rhetorical point, rather than giving a precise suggestion of how to get Forceful. (...) If you're speaking figuratively, not at all. If, as I was, you're referring to actual manna in his actual blood, then you're (...) (24 years ago, 1-Jun-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Another one of those 'what's wrong with TPM' posts

(...) It's one I've heard over and over as showing "how stupid midichlorians are" without the people saying it ever realizing how stupid their "counterargument" sounds. If you mean you preferred the force as a wholly mystical rather than as a (...) (24 years ago, 1-Jun-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Another one of those 'what's wrong with TPM' posts

(...) I would rather think that the Jedi potential has what is in him already to attract midichlorians, rather than the midi stuff being born in his blood. The "scientific explanation" for the force is probably to placate young new viewers who think (...) (24 years ago, 6-Jun-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Another one of those 'what's wrong with TPM' posts

(...) Yes, because the number of kids who watch the evolving monsters of Pokemon and read Harry Potter show that today's youth have a hard time swallowing anything magical. eric (24 years ago, 6-Jun-00, to lugnet.starwars)