 Star Wars / 7500
Re: (Work in Progress) - Millenium Falcon
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Sat, 27 May 2000 03:53:31 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, John Robert Blaze Kanehl writes:
In lugnet.build, Dan Jezek writes:
Folks,

Here is a product of 3 months worth of parting out 10 copies of most of the
Star Wars sets:

http://www.aloha.net/~danjezek/falcon.html

It was built out of spare parts.  It isn't completely finished.  I'm toying
with the idea of putting it on eBay.  Would anyone be interested?

FANATSTIC!!! Very inspiring (as are all your creations)

Thanks ;-)  I will have enough grey pieces once my next shipment of sets to
part comes in to finish it and maybe even build a hangar for it.

Someday I will endeavor to take on a tough product such as this again....I
dabbled with a smaller falcon 2 years ago and gave up in frustration after 6
months (then again I didn't have access to any more information or examples
than the movies = )

I love the color integration ...The dark gray
looks very good...your hull has a very textured look and the mandibles have
a "beefier" look than the Lego Official version...After reading all of the
comments about "paradoxical design" in the Falcon...I would love to hear
your comments on your design and your limitations...

Well, I really wanted to have round corridors using hinges and white tiles but
that would require the corridor structure to be 10 studs wide and to be able
to have that, the falcon would have to be twice as big.  As for the
limitations, I ran out of grey 1x1, 1x2 and 1x3 bricks for the interiors and
that was the main reason it wasn't finished.

Do oyu keep yor large creations assembled on a shelf or do you take pics,
deconstruct, and move on to the next? (if you keep them, you must be needing
an addition to your domicile for your Lego museum = )

Actually after each creation is completed, I display it for a while then get
tired of looking at it, disassemble it, sell the pieces, take a little break
and start all over again :-)

As always, I enjoy your excellent creations!

Thanks!