 Star Wars / 7149
  7191 UCS X-Wing

My UCS X-Wing arrived today. I left work early to build it. Check out the progress live on camera at (URL) Thompson (URL) (24 years ago, 5-May-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: 7191 UCS X-Wing

Very cool. :) It looks like you just started; I will watch with interest. Are there very many new pieces besides the new canopy piece? Joel (...) (24 years ago, 5-May-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: 7191 UCS X-Wing

Yes, at least for me. there is a different type of gear I have not seen before. I will put it near the camera. (...) (24 years ago, 5-May-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: 7191 UCS X-Wing

Looks interesting. Is it a true gear, in that it meshes with other gears? Joel (...) Are (...) (24 years ago, 5-May-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: 7191 UCS X-Wing

It only meshes with itself. It seems to "click" with each tooth. (...) (24 years ago, 5-May-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: 7191 UCS X-Wing

That "gear" is in the barcode truck. It's used as a light interrupter and I don't think it can be used as a gear. BTW I *love* the real-time camera over your building table. Is there any way to increase the frame rate? KL (...) Are (...) (24 years ago, 5-May-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: 7191 UCS X-Wing

Thanks for the ID on the gear. Thanks, the camera is getting hammered right now, so frame rate is what it is...the frame rate unused is about 15 fps. (...) (24 years ago, 5-May-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: 7191 UCS X-Wing

Whew...It is finally finished. Some impressions: This is the greatest "Model Team" set I have ever built (I know it is UCS now, but c'mon). There are many cool parts like astrmech heads and bodies without any printing (no legs sadly). Some very (...) (24 years ago, 6-May-00, to lugnet.starwars)