 Star Wars / 7165
Re: 7191 UCS X-Wing
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Sat, 6 May 2000 02:38:22 GMT

Whew...It is finally finished.

Some impressions:

This is the greatest "Model Team" set I have ever built (I know it is UCS now,
but c'mon). There are many cool parts like astrmech heads and bodies without
any printing (no legs sadly). Some very funky gear peices and a ton of
cylinder 2x2 rounds. The wings can go into and out of attack mode. Overall,
this model is impressive and surpasses the destoryed droid in overall
coolness. I expect this model to be surpassed by the UCS Tie Fighter based
solely on the picture in the instructions.

Thanks to everyone who watched me build this. My poor little PC was working
hard to keep the video pumping.

I'll probably snap some pics in the next few days. Meanwhile, you can still
veiw the model on the live video cam at: http://www.marsrobot.com/legotv.htm

Rich Thompson
http://www.marsrobot.com

In lugnet.starwars, Rich Thompson writes:
Thanks for the ID on the gear. Thanks, the camera is getting hammered right
now, so frame rate is what it is...the frame rate unused is about 15 fps.

Rich Thompson
http://www.marsrobot.com

In lugnet.starwars, Kevin Loch writes:
That "gear" is in the barcode truck.  It's used as a light interrupter and I
don't think it can be used as a gear.

BTW I *love* the real-time camera over your building table.  Is there any way
to increase the frame rate?

KL

In lugnet.starwars, Rich Thompson writes:
Yes, at least for me. there is a different type of gear I have not seen
before. I will put it near the camera.

Rich Thompson
http://www.marsrobot.com

In lugnet.starwars, Joel Hoornbeek writes:
Very cool. :) It looks like you just started; I will watch with interest. • Are
there very many new pieces besides the new canopy piece?

Joel

In lugnet.starwars, Rich Thompson writes:
My UCS X-Wing arrived today. I left work early to build it. Check out the
progress live on camera at http://www.marsrobot.com/legotv.htm

Rich Thompson
http://www.marsrobot.com