 Star Wars / 7031
Re: Mark's Lego Creations Update!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars, lugnet.space
Date:
Mon, 1 May 2000 20:53:54 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Patrick Justison writes:
Wow!  The HF-130 Freighter is awesome.  Great features incorperated • into a very
nice design.  The ship looks very functional without being too big.  Great • job
on the loading ramp.  I have tried those before but never with as much
success.

Thanks! I got the idea for the front-load ramp with overlooking cockpit
from the M.I. dropships in Starship Troopers. I originally intended for the
ramp to drop in one large piece, but I couldn't implement this without it
leaving a huge gap, so I made it two-piece with a swing-up panel like on
some of the American military planes.

The ship reminds me of a space version the WWII plane featured in the • big fight
scene in first Indiana Jones movie.  Anyone got more info on this plane, • I need
to see some pictures of it.

This thing was invented by ILM, and made to look very realistic. Chances
are you might be able to find some pics on the 'net. If you are still
unsuccessful, I can scan some images for you from my ILM book.

Great CAD and POV work on both models.  I haven't had time to digest • the
features of the Mithrandir battleship.  Ill have to get back to that one.

What CAD? What POV? Those are real images I shot with a digital
camera, then I dropped in backgrounds with Photoshop.  :^)

P.S.  would you mind putting up a link to my site, I'll do the same if there
isnt one there already.  The url is:

http://www.plscp.com

Thanks Mark!

Sure thing.

~Mark

In lugnet.starwars, Mark Sandlin writes:
?You know, sometimes I could just kick myself. :^P
?
?http://www.nwlink.com/~sandlin/lego
?
?~Mark
?
?In lugnet.starwars, Gary Blessing writes:
??Whats the address??
??